The Student Room Group

Holidays

Hi, Im looking for some advice, I don’t want any negativity saying I shouldn’t have booked a holiday when I was going to university or anything like that.

I booked a holiday 2 years ago after having a few that had been cancelled. During that time I was offered a place at uni. I have recently been in contact with the university about my holiday as I tend to overthink things. They have stated that although it isn’t ideal it’s will be okay as it is right at the start of the year.
However I have received my start date and I am due to fly the day before University starts I am going to speak to uni again but wondered if anyone had been through something similar?
I don’t want to be kicked out so early on as unfortunately it’s just something that can’t be helped.
Reply 1
Original post by Wonderland2019
Hi, Im looking for some advice, I don’t want any negativity saying I shouldn’t have booked a holiday when I was going to university or anything like that.

I booked a holiday 2 years ago after having a few that had been cancelled. During that time I was offered a place at uni. I have recently been in contact with the university about my holiday as I tend to overthink things. They have stated that although it isn’t ideal it’s will be okay as it is right at the start of the year.
However I have received my start date and I am due to fly the day before University starts I am going to speak to uni again but wondered if anyone had been through something similar?
I don’t want to be kicked out so early on as unfortunately it’s just something that can’t be helped.

I have the same issue😭 the holiday was booked ages ago and I can’t get out of it now unfortunately. My uni starts the 25th September and I’m going away at the start of october for 10 days 😩 Do you think it really matters as a lot of people I’ve asked have said it shouldn’t matter too much.
Original post by Leeeeee12
I have the same issue😭 the holiday was booked ages ago and I can’t get out of it now unfortunately. My uni starts the 25th September and I’m going away at the start of october for 10 days 😩 Do you think it really matters as a lot of people I’ve asked have said it shouldn’t matter too much.

I have had the same response off people too they have said if it’s right at the start it shouldn’t matter too much but I’m not sure 😩

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending