The Student Room Group

Leaving Tesco: Question about Holiday Entitlement

So I'm planning to hand in my notice on Friday and I've been working there since 28/1/2020 and I was wondering if I've taken too many holidays.

How many holidays am I entitled to in my period of employment as I'll have worked there nearly 6 months and I hope I don't owe them money for taking more holiday than I've earnt.
What does your contract say about holiday entitlement?
How many holidays have you taken?
Reply 2
Original post by GabiAbi84
What does your contract say about holiday entitlement?
How many holidays have you taken?

It only says I'm entitled to 28 a year and I've taken 12 days in total so far. My contract is 19.5 hours and I do that 3 days a week
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by madmirrors
It only says I'm entitled to 28 a year and I've taken 12 days in total so far. My contract is 19.5 hours and I do that 3 days a week

Entitled to 28 days a year (that will be full time equivalent)
You've worked there 6 months, so entitled to 14 days full time equivalent.
You work 3 days, not 5 days ie 60% of full time equivalent
You are entitled to 60% of 14 days leave
= 8.4 days

So it looks like you might owe them, but if anything isn't exactly correct in what you've said, it will alter that calculation slightly. Just take that to HR when you hand in your notice, or after you hand in your notice and ask them if they can check your figures.
Reply 4
Original post by threeportdrift
Entitled to 28 days a year (that will be full time equivalent)
You've worked there 6 months, so entitled to 14 days full time equivalent.
You work 3 days, not 5 days ie 60% of full time equivalent
You are entitled to 60% of 14 days leave
= 8.4 days

So it looks like you might owe them, but if anything isn't exactly correct in what you've said, it will alter that calculation slightly. Just take that to HR when you hand in your notice, or after you hand in your notice and ask them if they can check your figures.

Hi there, thank you for working that out for me :smile: I think that I might owe them 5 day's worth of pay as it looks like from my calendar that I've had 5 days more than I'm entitled. I guess I'll just pay them out of my final pay :smile:
Hi there, thank you for working that out for me :smile: I think that I might owe them 5 day's worth of pay as it looks like from my calendar that I've had 5 days more than I'm entitled. I guess I'll just pay them out of my final pay :smile:

Don't worry, they'll TAKE IT out of your final pay :wink:
Reply 6
Original post by threeportdrift
Don't worry, they'll TAKE IT out of your final pay :wink:

Thank you :smile: I think it's only 4 days extra and I'm fine financially til September as I'm moving back in with parents til I start teacher training
So I'm planning to hand in my notice on Friday and I've been working there since 28/1/2020 and I was wondering if I've taken too many holidays.

How many holidays am I entitled to in my period of employment as I'll have worked there nearly 6 months and I hope I don't owe them money for taking more holiday than I've earnt.

Tesco holiday year starts 1st April to end of March each year.

You holidays will be calculated based on months you worked since April till you finish up with tesco.

You took 12 holidays already you said, so you will probably owe tesco approx 3 days holidays if they calculated your holidays from only April to next March ok.

You not said if you took any from January till end of March period ....
Reply 8
Do you earn holiday from the previous year or since the current tax year start?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending