The Student Room Group

Holiday pay

My son has been working for MacDonalds for a year, he put holidays in for 2 weeks and hasn't been paid for them, he has been payed for the work he's done since returning on the 7th sept 2023 . When IV looked on his rota it says days off not annual leave is this an over sight or mistake or has he not been payed for a reason
Reply 1
Original post by Meldon2021
My son has been working for MacDonalds for a year, he put holidays in for 2 weeks and hasn't been paid for them, he has been payed for the work he's done since returning on the 7th sept 2023 . When IV looked on his rota it says days off not annual leave is this an over sight or mistake or has he not been payed for a reason

I don't know if they perhaps put you through as sick or absent due to not paying you.
Providing you had authorisation from your manager to take these holiday days off then therefore you should be paid for them.
They could also have put you through as day's of which should mean that you still have those holidays but saying that they wouldn't have put you through for days of for two weeks.

I would certainly discuss this matter with your manager and get clarification on this so you know yourself what happened.
Reply 2
They said my son had to ring HR before his annual leave and remind them he was going on holiday apparently this is the procedure for MacDonalds . He contacted payroll who said they will pay him next month. Just not on. Also they said he won't get his accumulated holiday pay of 420 he will only be getting his average shift allowance of the 3 shifts per week he does averaged. So basically they are ripping him off of his full holiday pay
Reply 3
Original post by Meldon2021
They said my son had to ring HR before his annual leave and remind them he was going on holiday apparently this is the procedure for MacDonalds . He contacted payroll who said they will pay him next month. Just not on. Also they said he won't get his accumulated holiday pay of 420 he will only be getting his average shift allowance of the 3 shifts per week he does averaged. So basically they are ripping him off of his full holiday pay

Okay you were told to ring the HR department but surely the manager should have been able to deal with it but looks like not completent enough.

That's a weird system McDonald's have for holidays that you book up for with the manager but yet have to phone the HR department for authorisation and a reminder that you taking them.

Pitty the staff don't join a union as they wouldn't let them away with what they do.

Unfortunately any money due from the previous month unfortunately get paid the next available payday after requesting them to sort the mistake out.

That's shocking that they are deducting his holidays allowance like.

I would honestly suggest that your son perhaps apply for another job even if it in a supermarket ( but they work on a 12 weeks probation period before they may offer a permanent appointment) but he wouldn't be worrying about pay and holidays as he makes sure that they are put in and authorised before taking the time of.

That's why I think MCD go through so many staff each day/ year because some won't go back due to how they are treated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending