The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Surrey Clearing Accommodation

Hello, I got into Surrey through clearing and haven't got accommodation yet. I've applied but have no response and I'm getting worried I won't get anything in time... I don't even though when the start date is.

Did anyone get in through clearing and get accommodation? Would love some reassurance it isn't just me alone in this. Thanks :smile::smile:
Reply 1
I applied through clearing as well. I applied accommodation yesterday and i received email saying there is no space. Let me know if you get it.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by Prithyaa
I applied through clearing as well. I applied accommodation yesterday and i received email saying there is no space. Let me know if you get it.

I just got my email, same response. After results day going so badly and this, I feel so put off uni honestly. I'm looking for space rooms around town, fingers crossed.
Reply 3
Yeah I’m looking for one rn as well. What’s ur budget? This is my insta _prithyaa_ jus drop me a text there
Original post by tm1231
I just got my email, same response. After results day going so badly and this, I feel so put off uni honestly. I'm looking for space rooms around town, fingers crossed.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by tm1231
Hello, I got into Surrey through clearing and haven't got accommodation yet. I've applied but have no response and I'm getting worried I won't get anything in time... I don't even though when the start date is.

Did anyone get in through clearing and get accommodation? Would love some reassurance it isn't just me alone in this. Thanks :smile::smile:

Hi tm1231 did you get an email late afternoon saying whether you have been successful in securing accommodation? I have just put up a post them seen yours.
Reply 5
Original post by Prithyaa

Hi
did you find a good place to stay in Surrey
im struggling they are all booked up
Reply 6
Original post by nushki17
Hi
did you find a good place to stay in Surrey
im struggling they are all booked up

Did you manage to find anything? I'm looking everywhere
Reply 7
the only ones left are studio but are really expensive
i might have to go for them
Reply 8
Original post by Rikka111

which one did you go for
Reply 9
Original post by nushki17
which one did you go for

I don't want to pay 300 per week for a studio so I think I'm looking for housemates to share a house together!
Reply 10
I don't want to pay 300 per week for a studio so I think I'm looking for housemates to share a house together!

i would be happy to house share if you want
do you have insta dm me nushki17

hey dm me too, maybe we can group and find a houseshare?? @tayamiranda1
Reply 12
Original post by tm1231

Have u found anything yet? Cuz tbh I’m looking for house mates atp
Reply 13
Original post by Mogawi

still looking???

Same here everything is full or so expensive
Original post by tm1231

Add me in as well, I do not mind sharing
Original post by Mogawi

Have you found anything so far?
Original post by NemSavadia
Add me in as well, I do not mind sharing

what’s your instagram
Original post by tm1231

Hi!

Congratulations on your clearing offer and welcome to Surrey!

I understand it can be quite frustrating waiting to hear about accommodation and I hope you have managed to receive a reply by now. Induction week for new students starts on the 18th September so if you are living in uni accommodation moving-in weekend is the 16th/17th September but the Campus Safety team are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so you can move in on a different day if this doesn't' suit you. Of course if you are living in private accommodation you would be able to move in from the start date of your agreed contract.

The Students’ Union and Hoods Residential are delivering an online Housing and Roommate Support Webinar today at 3pm to help connect you to other students looking for somewhere to live, and practical next steps in finding somewhere to live. You can find how to join here https://surreyunion.org/stec_event/h...pport-webinar/
If you can't make this webinar the Students’ Union and Hoods Residential team (https://www.hoodsresidential.com/contact.aspx) are a great place to get support finding accommodation so feel free to contact them as well as the accommodation team ([email protected]).

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any more questions!

Olivia (she/her)
MSc Social Psychology
Hi,
I haven’t found accommodation yet, but I am trying to complete my registration online.

The only section I haven’t completed is the Council Tax section. If anyone could help me, that would be appreciated - please PM me.

Thank you in advance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending