The Student Room Group

Access courses

Does anyone have any experience with access courses? I got UUU in my a levels and it’s seeming to be the best option, however I wouldn’t be able to start until next september due to the age requirements
Reply 1
If for whatever reason you are unable to get reasonable grades I would not consider doing more of the same and going for an access course. You alone know whether you didn't put the work in or you worked your rocks off but still failed. Not everyone is cut out for academic work.

You can get entry into higher education at any stage in your life. It sounds like 'right now' is not a good time for you to be going for an 'access course 'just because' you feel that is the expected course of action?

Work at getting your head to a better place and explore all other options - apprenticeships, employment or a gap year, volunteering.

You will be taking on a huge debt and in all probability with your current mindset and application will either fail or end up with another set of low grades. What is your end goal, and why do you want to do an access course? Can you talk this through with someone at school or college?

Quick Reply

Latest