The Student Room Group

do unis care

if i took a levels from jan 2022 and do my exams in 2025?
i stopped doing them in the summer due to me not finishing first year content in time and the online platform oxbridge home learning didn’t help at all so i quit their services.
i’d need to change my Religious studies subject tho cos other providers dont do it. so will probs go for Law
alongside with psychology & sociology !!
courses im interested in are nursing or social work !
or would picking an Access course in nursing or social work be better with Learn direct???
Original post by Anonymous #1
i stopped doing them in the summer due to me not finishing first year content in time and the online platform oxbridge home learning didn’t help at all so i quit their services.
i’d need to change my Religious studies subject tho cos other providers dont do it. so will probs go for Law
or would picking an Access course in nursing or social work be better with Learn direct???

I'm currently studying an access course to higher education in midwifery, with learningcurve group.
They have been amazing all online study. Webinars are held through teams with the tutors.
I started this HE course with 5 GCSE's A*- C and a Btec diploma, which I achieved over 10 years ago.

I have applied to study midwifery in September 24'.
I have received 4 interviews so far. Personally I feel access to HE is definitely very beneficial for progressing onto university.
It is fast paced and a lot of assignments. Don't let this put you off. I have 4 children and a single mam. I still managed. Fit in study when you can and remember to take time out for yourself to unwind too. Balance is the key. Good luck 🤞
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by ItzRachieeee94
I'm currently studying an access course to higher education in midwifery, with learningcurve group.
They have been amazing all online study. Webinars are held through teams with the tutors.
I started this HE course with 5 GCSE's A*- C and a Btec diploma, which I achieved over 10 years ago.

I have applied to study midwifery in September 24'.
I have received 4 interviews so far. Personally I feel access to HE is definitely very beneficial for progressing onto university.
It is fast paced and a lot of assignments. Don't let this put you off. I have 4 children and a single mam. I still managed. Fit in study when you can and remember to take time out for yourself to unwind too. Balance is the key. Good luck 🤞

awww ur doing so well !! when did you start doing ur access xx
Original post by alevelstudent090
awww ur doing so well !! when did you start doing ur access xx

I started my access course in January and I have my last assignment due in on the 15th December. It was only a year and so far received 118 UCAS points and I still have 8 assignments to be marked 🤞💪
Original post by Anonymous #1

Access courses are absolutely fine to apply to university with if that is the route you'd rather go!

Tagging our health team in @CCCU Health Rep who are the experts on this and the courses you mentioned 🙂
Hey, :smile:

If you would like to study a healthcare degree doing an access course first is a great idea.

This is because an access course is to provide students with the academic skills and knowledge foundations needed for a degree. It is a perfect stepping stone and prepares you for university.

Many colleges and online providers have healthcare access courses and with the right UCAS points at the end can help you progress onto a health or social care degree.

By doing a access course in healthcare you can gain experience and knowledge and it can help you know what degree you would like to study between nursing or social work. It can also help you discover other healthcare degrees that you may of not heard of before.

Have a look at different college and online providers that may have an access course that you would like to study.

I hope this helps :smile:
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending