The Student Room Group

A levels

Guyss is it possible to take some a levels for year 12 and after as change them for the final set of exams in Year 13 before uni?
Reply 1
Original post by enthjmk5e664
Guyss is it possible to take some a levels for year 12 and after as change them for the final set of exams in Year 13 before uni?

No it is not.Can you not get the subjects you want at your 6 th form?
Reply 2
Original post by Scotney
No it is not.Can you not get the subjects you want at your 6 th form?

no i wanted to do bio chem and psychology a level but they say they cant offer it as i didnt meet the entry requirements so i can only do btec but i thought i will do those a level privately is it possible?
no i wanted to do bio chem and psychology a level but they say they cant offer it as i didnt meet the entry requirements so i can only do btec but i thought i will do those a level privately is it possible?

i take a-levels privately and it’s great! what subjects do you wanna study?
Reply 4
Original post by alevelstudent090
i take a-levels privately and it’s great! what subjects do you wanna study?

omg reallyyy so what made u take them privately is it cus ur school didn't accept u or what btw i wanna do bio chem and psychology along with gcse resits cuz im not happy with my grades so im looking to resit them too can i take them privately as well or can i choose to give them with my school??
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 5
is it possible to study A LEVEL BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY AND PSYCHOLOGY IN ONE YEAR AND GET GOOD GRADES

PS IF U WORK REALLYYY HARD
Reply 6
What do you mean take them privately?Realistically if you cannot meet the grade requirements are you up to doing them at A level.How do you propose to up your performance at A level.How will you fund your tuition.
Reply 7
is it possible to study A LEVEL BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY AND PSYCHOLOGY IN ONE YEAR AND GET GOOD GRADES

PS IF U WORK REALLYYY HARD

A level takes 2 years except if you want to study privately for it then take it a year early I guess but it is possible to achieve the best grades in y13. I don't know if that answers your question 😏
(edited 8 months ago)
omg reallyyy so what made u take them privately is it cus ur school didn't accept u or what btw i wanna do bio chem and psychology along with gcse resits cuz im not happy with my grades so im looking to resit them too can i take them privately as well or can i choose to give them with my school??

hiii , i was at college and dropped out so decided to study a-levels from home. i am actually going to re sit gcse science too. i take psychology it’s actually so interesting! i’m re doing my year lmao. i didn’t do well in my GCSE’s due to circumstances but im doing okay in my a-levels i’d like to say. so you will be okay, as long as you keep motivated and on top of your work. if you’d rather take them with your school you can do that. i use Oxbridge home learning , an online platform with online tutors and they predict ur grades for university for you and they write an academic reference for you which is helpful but it is expensive but they can arrange exams for you.
they also arrange practicals too :smile:
i pay monthly with my part - time job
if you want, i can start a blog and we can help each other on TSR. :smile:
what exam board are your subjects in?
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Jack39
A level takes 2 years except if you want to study privately for it then take it a year early I guess but it is possible to achieve the best grades in y13. I don't know if that answers your question 😏

i don't think doing 3 a-levels in a year is a good idea lmao. especially when they’re doing science subjects

Quick Reply

Latest