The Student Room Group

hosptial pharmacy from community

hello!
i have completed my masters in pharmacy and am currently doing a pre reg year in community pharmacy, i was wondering if there was any routes i could take to go into hosptial pharmacy, i’d be very greatful for anyone’s advice :smile:
Reply 1
You probably won't be able to switch your pre-reg now to hospital if that's what you're asking.

But if you're wondering about potentially working as a hospital pharmacist post qualifying, I think a pretty good way to do it is through a locum agency. If you dont have any hospital experience you'll likely be in the dispensary while they train you up on inpatient monitoring, its a good way to get your foot in the door and from there you can continue or apply for band 6 permanent posts :smile:
Original post by Quantumcat123
hello!
i have completed my masters in pharmacy and am currently doing a pre reg year in community pharmacy, i was wondering if there was any routes i could take to go into hosptial pharmacy, i’d be very greatful for anyone’s advice :smile:

During prereg- not full time I'm afraid but you can ask to do a placement in a hospital (you would have to arrange it and your orereg tutor would have to agree to it).

Post regostration: find a locum agency or register with nhs professionals. Also nhs jobs for bridging jobs
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending