The Student Room Group

biosciences gap year ideas

hi - so I'm pretty exhausted from a levels and feel burnout out to no end and unfortunately my offers haven't been as successful as I had hoped. I am now debating a year out before considering returning to reapply to uni.

My degree of choice had been neuroscience and I would love to study this but probably in 2023 now. Does anyone have any ideas for things to do during a gap year associated with the biosciences aside from things like travelling and earning? Any sort of jobs, programs, activities they have heard about or know about?

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by av0
hi - so I'm pretty exhausted from a levels and feel burnout out to no end and unfortunately my offers haven't been as successful as I had hoped. I am now debating a year out before considering returning to reapply to uni.

My degree of choice had been neuroscience and I would love to study this but probably in 2023 now. Does anyone have any ideas for things to do during a gap year associated with the biosciences aside from things like travelling and earning? Any sort of jobs, programs, activities they have heard about or know about?

Thank you! :smile:
Hey!

I just wanted to ask if you ended up doing anything good for your gap year. I'm in the same position trying to find something to do in the bioscience industry this September when I take a gap year, but can't find anything lol
Original post by alfwego
Hey!
I just wanted to ask if you ended up doing anything good for your gap year. I'm in the same position trying to find something to do in the bioscience industry this September when I take a gap year, but can't find anything lol

same bro same ive got some work exprience at a hosptial lined up and im also gonna teach myself an extra a level, lmk if u find anything to do
Reply 3
Original post by milo_shavick
same bro same ive got some work exprience at a hosptial lined up and im also gonna teach myself an extra a level, lmk if u find anything to do

yooooo

I've basically applied to this gap year thing which means I'll work as a lab assistant but its not R&D its more working with school kids and setting up workshops. I'm still looking for some other things but its so hard to find anything lol

I'm gonna try to learn another language (carry on spanish from GCSEs?), learn some more coding aswell bc I was pretty decent, and basically pick up some random hobbies and try do any side hustles. I have bad FOMO so I know if I'm just stuck at home doing nothing while my friends are at uni I will be in hell. So basically do as much as I can during my gap year and see what happens.

Quick Reply

Latest