The Student Room Group

Is this fraud?

I was expelled from uni 1 for being harassment.
Then I got into uni 2 by using a family friend as a reference rather than the old uni. Uni 2 did not know about the expulsion
Original post by Anonymous
I was expelled from uni 1 for being harassment.
Then I got into uni 2 by using a family friend as a reference rather than the old uni. Uni 2 did not know about the expulsion

Yes if your family friend claimed to be from Uni 1. No otherwise.
If you applied via UCAS to uni 2, or you applied directly and they asked you to declare any previous study then yes, that is fraudulent.
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
If you applied via UCAS to uni 2, or you applied directly and they asked you to declare any previous study then yes, that is fraudulent.

So if I tell them I went to uni 1 but I did not mention the expulsion, would that still be fraud?
So if I tell them I went to uni 1 but I did not mention the expulsion, would that still be fraud?

No, that would be fine unless they've asked you to sign some declaration about why you left.

If you declared it and they didnt ask any questions you are in the clear.
Were you actually expelled or were you asked to withdraw?
Reply 6
Original post by jonathanemptage
Were you actually expelled or were you asked to withdraw?

acc expelled.
acc expelled.

Yeah then it’s fraud because you should have mentioned it there is a place on the form for it. It’s not serious fraud but the university most likely will kick you out if they find out.
Reply 8
Original post by jonathanemptage
Yeah then it’s fraud because you should have mentioned it there is a place on the form for it. It’s not serious fraud but the university most likely will kick you out if they find out.

I graduated from the second uni already. If they find out, will they revoke my degree?
I graduated from the second uni already. If they find out, will they revoke my degree?

They’re not going to find out after you’ve graduated. You’ll be fine.
Reply 10
Original post by Admit-One
They’re not going to find out after you’ve graduated. You’ll be fine.

What if someone tells them about what I did?
What if someone tells them about what I did?

I don’t think it’s serious for them to take any action. Especially after you’ve graduated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending