The Student Room Group

Applying with IELTS Academic as a international student

Hey! I am an international student in my final year at the moment. I did an IELTS academic test a few months ago and got a really good score, but the issue is I've seen that most universities request UKVI for international students. I think getting the score again wouldn't be a problem but my main issue is having to do it again and delay my application, is it possible for me to apply with my IELTS academic test, then if accepted do the UKVI test for the student visa later on? Applying on ucas btw
Original post by heismannnn
Hey! I am an international student in my final year at the moment. I did an IELTS academic test a few months ago and got a really good score, but the issue is I've seen that most universities request UKVI for international students. I think getting the score again wouldn't be a problem but my main issue is having to do it again and delay my application, is it possible for me to apply with my IELTS academic test, then if accepted do the UKVI test for the student visa later on? Applying on ucas btw

Most unis will be absolutely fine with you applying and then providing another IELTS later if needs be. If you met the requirements (but took another version of the test) I would provide your TRF number with the application anyway.
As above most universities are fine with IELTS academic. UKVI version is normally only insisted upon for foundation years and pre-sessional courses (or if a university suspects fraud or has had issues with fraud from specific test centres)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending