The Student Room Group

A levels subjects

Hi all,

I was wondering on all the jobs and career paths i can take with History, Politics, Economics and Business Studies.

Thanks Ibrahim
while i personally don’t take any of these subjects almost all of my friend group and lots of others in my year take the same or very similar options. your options are quite vast i’d say, as they give you career options such as law, international relations (and other political jobs), finance and of course going into any of those subjects at uni - please do fact check these in case i am wrong. i know many sites such as uni frog or others could probably show you your career options if you put in the subjects you do. Also in case you ever feel like the 4 a levels are too much, i would say probably choose between econ and business as they are fairly similar subjects, many universities that require see the other as a sort of substitute. furthermore my school doesn’t let you take both and they make you choose due to their large overlap
Law, politics & international relations as well as things like business management.
I agree with @MiscellaneousTSR that 4 is too much, I'd personally drop business studies (idk why it is, but some uni's don't even consider it e.g. Imperial, it says they don't consider Business Studies / General Studies / Critical Thinking as A Levels)
Reply 3
Original post by MiscellaneousTSR
while i personally don’t take any of these subjects almost all of my friend group and lots of others in my year take the same or very similar options. your options are quite vast i’d say, as they give you career options such as law, international relations (and other political jobs), finance and of course going into any of those subjects at uni - please do fact check these in case i am wrong. i know many sites such as uni frog or others could probably show you your career options if you put in the subjects you do. Also in case you ever feel like the 4 a levels are too much, i would say probably choose between econ and business as they are fairly similar subjects, many universities that require see the other as a sort of substitute. furthermore my school doesn’t let you take both and they make you choose due to their large overlap

Yea thanks for that, the only reason i am taking business is because my school requires me to take 4 a levels so I am planning on dropping it.

Quick Reply

Latest