The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Wessex Hall Reading Uni

Hi! I got place in Wessex Hall at Uni of Reading.
It seems to be that I got room in Ground floor..
Is it bad thing or good thing.
I prefer to be First floor.

Thank you!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I got place in Wessex Hall at Uni of Reading.
It seems to be that I got room in Ground floor..
Is it bad thing or good thing.
I prefer to be First floor.

Thank you!

Hey Anonymous!

Great to hear you're joining us this year!

I was on ground floor in my first year, and I was in Bridges, so very close to Wessex and similar levels of noise etc. I would expect. I was unsure about it when I received my placement too, but actually it really wasn't too bad at all! I think it probably will depend on the placement of your room in the building as to how much noise you may be able to hear from outside, but I surprisingly grew to quite like my ground floor room as the year went on as it was really easily accessible. I was in halls in 2020 during the pandemic, and there were a few instances where I had to isolate, and being on ground floor was actually such a blessing as friends could talk to me from outside my window and bring me treats, and it was super easy to get shopping deliveries! It was also a bonus when we moved in as I don't think the lifts were working and so trying to carry all my stuff up all those stairs in the heat that day would not have been too fun had I not been on ground floor, so I was definitely thankful for it then!

Honestly, I think it depends on personal preference. If you really don't like it, you can speak to the accommodations team and see if there's anything they can do, but there's no guarantee that they would be able to swap you unfortunately. However, if you do want to contact them, you can email [email protected] or call 0118 200 5011.

Hope this helps , but let us know if you have any other questions at all!
Good luck with the move!

Skye :smile:
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending