The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Student accomdation southampton, first come first served?

Hi, I'm considering applying for the Glen eyre and Wessex lane halls accommodation. If I don't apply fast, could this mean that I may not be able to receive a space in any of these halls?
Original post by Kingemperor07
Hi, I'm considering applying for the Glen eyre and Wessex lane halls accommodation. If I don't apply fast, could this mean that I may not be able to receive a space in any of these halls?

hi! On the website it says it isn’t first come first serve, so no need to worry about it. That’s why you don’t have to pay a deposit whereas with other unis you do. The deadline isn’t until July I think - if you have an offer you can apply for accommodation. I haven’t made my firm yet as I’m still waiting on one more uni, but plan to make Southampton my firm. So you can still apply for it but you won’t get an accommodation offer until you’ve made your firm and insurance
hope it helps!
On campus at the University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by Kingemperor07

Hey!
It's always best to apply for accommodation as soon as possible. The University of Southampton receives a large number of applications for halls of residence each year, and some halls are more popular than others.While there's no guarantee that you won't be able to get a space in Glen eyre and Wessex lane halls if you apply later, the earlier you apply, the better your chances are of securing a room in your preferred accommodation.

If you want to learn more about the university's accommodation guarantee, you can visit the following link: https://www.southampton.ac.uk/student-life/accommodation/guarantee. This page outlines the terms and conditions of the guarantee, which may give you a better idea of how likely you are to receive a space in university-managed accommodation.

If you're concerned about the availability of rooms in these halls, you can contact the accommodation office for more information. They'll be able to tell you if there are any rooms left in your preferred accommodation and give you advice on your options. You can mail them: [email protected] or Call: +44 (0)23 80 595959. In any case, don't worry too much! There are plenty of other great options for accommodation in Southampton, and the university has a wide range of halls of residence to suit all budgets and preferences.

Best Wishes
Priya :smile:
Postgraduate Ambassador
Reply 3
Hi, I'm looking for someone to take over my lease for a studio apartment at The Lyra. It's a great place to live, with a private bathroom, kitchenette, and study area. It's also fully furnished and has high-speed wifi. This price is lower than the current rental price. The post code is GPFQ+3C. The lease is from Sep 9, 2023 to Aug 31, 2024. The location is convenient, with supermarkets and bus stops nearby. If you're interested, please message me and I'll send you more details and photos. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending