The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Portsmouth Question

This might be a very dumb question but I'm not English so I dont know .... for anyone that lives in Portsmouth, I'm gonna have to take the bus a lot when I go there for uni in a few weeks so I wanted to ask how the process is. Do I buy my ticket on the bus and if so do I tell the bus driver where I'm going or does it not matter? Thank you and sorry for the dumb question lol
Original post by Anonymous
This might be a very dumb question but I'm not English so I dont know .... for anyone that lives in Portsmouth, I'm gonna have to take the bus a lot when I go there for uni in a few weeks so I wanted to ask how the process is. Do I buy my ticket on the bus and if so do I tell the bus driver where I'm going or does it not matter? Thank you and sorry for the dumb question lol

There are no such things as dumb questions. :smile:

See here for ticketing options on FirstBus (aka First Portsmouth, Fareham and Gosport) and here for ticketing options on Stagecoach Portsmouth.

Neither appears to expect you to buy your ticket from the driver as you board. Instead, they use on-line, app-based or contactless payment.
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Depending on where you're living, there are actually two university buses that run term time that are completely free to students - you just need to show your student card to the driver :smile: You can see the routes and timings here: https://myport.port.ac.uk/life-at-uni/life-on-campus/getting-to-campus/university-buses

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending