The Student Room Group

Portsmouth or Bristol?

I am wanting to study palaeontology at either Bristol or Portsmouth but can not fully decide. Can anyone who studied at either or went to an open day tell me what they thought of either.
Original post by thedinosaur
i am wanting to study palaeontology at either bristol or portsmouth but can not fully decide. Can anyone who studied at either or went to an open day tell me what they thought of either.
bristol by a 1000 miles
Original post by TheDinosaur
I am wanting to study palaeontology at either Bristol or Portsmouth but can not fully decide. Can anyone who studied at either or went to an open day tell me what they thought of either.
bruh how is this a question
Hi @TheDinosaur
I'd recommend comparing the 2 courses by looking at the types of modules you can expect to study at each uni and see which ones you prefer. I've found the modules list for Bristol and Portsmouth so i'll link them below.
Bristol - Unit and programme catalogues | University of Bristol
Portsmouth - BSc (Hons) Palaeontology | University of Portsmouth
Hope this helps!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
What appeals to you the most about each university/course?
What things are you considering when choosing? Is it solely course content or is there something in the location/accommodation/facilities that is influencing your choices? Super interested to know.
I don't know much about the Portmouth course tbh, but Bristol is probably the best university in the country for palaeontology (I may be a little biased because I studied there) since it has a very well established and active research community, and superb facilities. It is Russel group too, which is good if you want to go into research. But studying at Portsmouth would not prevent you going into research of course, we had a very succesful palaeontology postgraduate (at Bristol for both his PhD and postdoc) who had done his undergraduate at Portmouth.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending