The Student Room Group

I failed my maths end of year 10 exam, what now?

I have high predicted grades (Grade 8) for my GCSEs, however I got a grade 3 in maths (one mark off a 4)

I worry (and honestly believe) I’ll be placed in the foundation tier because of this. If that’s the case, does anyone know how to move back up to higher after being placed in foundation?

I plan to try improve with my year 11 mocks.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Floppingfr
I have high predicted grades (Grade 8) for my GCSEs, however I got a grade 3 in maths (one mark off a 4)

I worry (and honestly believe) I’ll be placed in the foundation tier because of this. If that’s the case, does anyone know how to move back up to higher after being placed in foundation?

What grades were you getting before that end of year exam? And how are planning on improving for your year 11 mocks?

What grades were you getting before that end of year exam? And how are planning on improving for your year 11 mocks?
Reply 3
Original post by flowersinmyhair

I was getting Grade 5/6

I’ve been doing lots of revision and past papers in preparation for my year 11 mocks
I was getting Grade 5/6

I’ve been doing lots of revision and past papers in preparation for my year 11 mocks

It was lower than you have been getting, so although there is a chance you may be moved to foundation there is probably a good chance of not being moved as well.

Quality over quantity of revision is important, how have you been revising and does it feel like it is helping?
Reply 5
Original post by flowersinmyhair
It was lower than you have been getting, so although there is a chance you may be moved to foundation there is probably a good chance of not being moved as well.

Quality over quantity of revision is important, how have you been revising and does it feel like it is helping?

I’ve been using mathsgenie/ videos to help with my weakest topics and then doing past papers to look at where I went wrong. I also have Maths revision books

Quick Reply

Latest