The Student Room Group

Which GCSE result are you most proud of?

Results day is here once again and I hope that you are proud of all the work you have put into your exams.

This thread is to share the GCSE result you are most proud of, using a format like this :smile:
Subject - Grade
For example:
Physics - 8

You may also want to mention whether you were expecting that result and what your plans are now you have got your results.

#BeResultsProud

Scroll to see replies

:tsr: invites you to #BeResultsProud this year. Please share this hashtag all over social media. If you wish, tag The Student Room too (find the handles at the bottom of the page). Find out more about this campaign here.
Reply 2
I hope it's okay if I post about a result I got last year, because to this day I'm still very proud of my grade 8 in maths.

Backstory as to why:

Spoiler

Also, please feel free to post about results that you are proud of that are not from this year :smile:
This for me has to be Biology = A (2015)
I hated Biology. :frown:
At least with Chemistry and Physics there were some more numerical calculations that reduced the sheer amount of stuff to memorise. Biology I found very challenging, and I was honestly expecting a C on results day. I had excellent Biology teachers throughout my schooling and I'm so grateful that together we achieved an A - because I couldn't have done it without them.
Original post by zeasea
I hope it's okay if I post about a result I got last year, because to this day I'm still very proud of my grade 8 in maths.

Backstory as to why:

Spoiler

This story really resonates with me. I am autistic and have always struggled with Maths. I was predicted a grade 6 for Maths and would like to study Maths for A Level as I would like to go to a Target university for Economics or Finance degree. Your story really has given me hope. What tip would you give me to improve on my Maths?
I'm most proud of my 6 in English Language. I struggled throughout Year 10 to even write anything for a question for reasons I won't get into here. In my mock exams I barely got a 4, and was only expected to get a 5 and I was very proud when I opened the email in August last year to find I had got a 6, when I was worried that I may not even pass it.
Original post by flowersinmyhair
Results day is here once again and I hope that you are proud of all the work you have put into your exams.

This thread is to share the GCSE result you are most proud of, using a format like this :smile:
Subject - Grade
For example:
Physics - 8

You may also want to mention whether you were expecting that result and what your plans are now you have got your results.

#BeResultsProud

You guys have results already?
Reply 8
French - 8

I'd always struggled with languages and just could never remember how to conjugate all those verbs
Reply 9
I don't really 'do' pride but my favourite result was my B in maths, taken a year early (so this would have been 2002 ish).

I have struggled with numbers forever, and I didn't think I'd manage a pass, let alone a B. So I was very pleased with that. It also meant I didn't have to retake when I finally got around to doing degrees and PGCEs etc and i am infinitely grateful for that.
(edited 8 months ago)
I’m most proud of my C in Art. It wasn’t my highest grade (actually my lowest) but it was a subject that I actively chose to take because I enjoyed it and not because I found it easy. Throughout my GCSEs my art lessons were a lovely haven of freedom and creativity - sometimes I would spend the lesson carefully developing a sketch or idea, but also if I was stressed I could choose to spend the lesson painting things purple just because I wanted to.

I’m still so grateful to 13 year old me for choosing art GCSE. And that C grade is a lovely reminder of those happy times and the friends I made and the art I produced back then. It’s worth so much more to me than some of my higher grades in subjects I didn’t enjoy.
Original post by emnaaerymanlto

No, we are talking about results we got in the past, you'll get yours next week :smile: and you can say what you are most proud of then
Original post by flowersinmyhair

Subject - Grade
For example:
Physics - 8

#BeResultsProud

English language (8) and literature (9)

in language I spent 30 mins on the first 4 marker question and I read the 40 marker wrong so I was fully expecting a 4
and in literature I waffled my way through and ended up getting 5 marks away from full marks?? Idk how
love you Macbeth
(edited 8 months ago)
It is now results day, so please feel free to share the GCSE result you are most proud of! :flower2:
#BeResultsProud :woo:
Original post by emnaaerymanlto

Referring to A Level results day a week ago
Pretty proud of my A* in psychology! Took it as a part self taught 2yr course in 1 year and really enjoyed it. Was so cool to see my hard work pay off :ahee:
#beresultsproud
Original post by BankaiGintoki
Referring to A Level results day a week ago

"This thread is to share the GCSE result you are most proud of"
It's got to be History (9) and RS (8) for me in I think 2019.

It brought me to absolute tears, since it was so unexpected. Both of them were subjects I constantly got 4s and 5s for and it even came to the point where I thought it was impossible to do any better. I got 7 History and 6 in RS in my mock a couple months before, then eventually found a better exam and revision technique and blew my socks off on results day.

Imagine getting photographed in the school hall whilst all-out crying :lol:
Maths = A
I’ve always struggled with maths. In 3 years I climbed 31%. I’m really proud of myself
Reply 19
Science (Combined) 9-9.
I was expecting this result, I knew I did well, those exams were easy.

Quick Reply

Latest