The Student Room Group

Currently 2 weeks into my A-levels, I don't know what subjects to take still!!

Depending on my school, we have certain subjects in certain groups of time slots so if I wanted to take bio and economics they are placed on the same time slot so I can't.(which sucks) I currently take socio, media studies, bio, art but I was planning to drop media studies to do maths but my grades did not reach the required grade to join, I like art but idk where it would take me so should I switch to chem, I might take psych instead of socio which is that a good choice(?) and bio.

We take a min of 3 and max of 4 subjects but drop 1 subject later on.

Idk anymore, what subjects would you advise me to take or what would open my career field up since I don't know what to do in the future.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by sanitary-giving
Depending on my school, we have certain subjects in certain groups of time slots so if I wanted to take bio and economics they are placed on the same time slot so I can't.(which sucks) I currently take socio, media studies, bio, art but I was planning to drop media studies to do maths but my grades did not reach the required grade to join, I like art but idk where it would take me so should I switch to chem, I might take psych instead of socio which is that a good choice(?) and bio.

We take a min of 3 and max of 4 subjects but drop 1 subject later on.

Idk anymore, what subjects would you advise me to take or what would open my career field up since I don't know what to do in the future.

I believe your current subjects open your career field up a lot as you have a mix of a science, social science and creative subjects.

The best thing to do is to take subjects you enjoy and are motivated to learn more about. You will be studying them for 2 years and you don't want to get burnt out from the content.

A-Level Maths is a required subject for a lot of STEM courses at top universities, but other than that as long as you achieve high grades in all your subjects, you should have no problem going into any career.

Quick Reply

Latest