The Student Room Group

Yr13s: where are you at in your university decision making?

This poll is closed

Yr13s: where are you at in your university decision making?

All sorted and ready to submit my application 49%
I need to do some more research before I decide 25%
It's too soon to decide because the deadline is January 31 7%
I won't be applying to university 3%
I will be applying, but after the January 31 deadline 3%
Something else (let us know in the comments)13%
Total votes: 373
Even though it may still feel like year 13 has only just started, a lot of students will be thinking about what they’ll do after finishing their A-levels.

There's just over three months until the Ucas deadline (31 January 2024) so you've still got time to decide whether to apply.

Do you think you’ll go to university next year? Maybe you’ve already got your application ready, or are you still researching your options?

Let us know what you’re thinking :smile:

And here are three articles on The Uni Guide that you might find useful over the next few months:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Vic Vinegar
Even though it may still feel like year 13 has only just started, a lot of students will be thinking about what they’ll do after finishing their A-levels.

There's just over three months until the Ucas deadline (31 January 2024) so you've still got time to decide whether to apply.

Do you think you’ll go to university next year? Maybe you’ve already got your application ready, or are you still researching your options?

And here are three articles on The Uni Guide that you might find useful over the next few months:

I sent off my application this time last week! It was good to get it out of the way.
Reply 2
I sent off my application just under 2 weeks and have 2 offers so far.
Edit: 3 offers
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by mesub
I sent off my application this time last week! It was good to get it out of the way.

Wow - nice and early! Good luck :smile:
Original post by CatLover1
I sent off my application just under 2 weeks and have 2 offers so far.

Love that - congrats on the two offers so far!
I submitted by application earlier this week :smile:
Reply 6
Already submitted on 27/09/2023 and received offers.
I applied some time ago and haven't received anything yet... :frown:
Original post by 121254Gnrdocarmo
I applied some time ago and haven't received anything yet... :frown:

What did you apply for?
Original post by flowersinmyhair
What did you apply for?

history at Oxford, St.Andrews, UCL, Durham and Edinburgh
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Vic Vinegar

The deadline for my school is in 3 days time, i'm still deciding universities( Im looking at 12) and i haven't finished my personal statement. I did the basics but i need to add more personality. Idk why my school decided to do the deadline at the start of November, thats way to early.
Reply 11
I submitted mine on 4th Oct for Comp Sci and I've applied to Oxford, Bath and Southampton (I'm going to add more 'secure' choices later). I realised I'd applied for a Bachelors at Southampton when I wanted to apply for their Integrated Masters' course instead and had a little panic - I emailed and called them several times and no one answered. I almost forgot about it to be honest because I was revising for the MAT, when on the 23rd Oct, I got an offer from them and I panicked again. I called their Department of Engineering, and after several tries, it's all fixed now! I'm really happy that I've got at least one offer and I can't wait to hear from my other choices.

Good luck to everyone and I hope that we all get the best possible outcomes :smile:
history at Oxford, St.Andrews, UCL, Durham and Edinburgh

I applied in mid-September and haven't received anything yet. Is this normal?
Original post by Cas_Myth
I submitted mine on 4th Oct for Comp Sci and I've applied to Oxford, Bath and Southampton (I'm going to add more 'secure' choices later). I realised I'd applied for a Bachelors at Southampton when I wanted to apply for their Integrated Masters' course instead and had a little panic - I emailed and called them several times and no one answered. I almost forgot about it to be honest because I was revising for the MAT, when on the 23rd Oct, I got an offer from them and I panicked again. I called their Department of Engineering, and after several tries, it's all fixed now! I'm really happy that I've got at least one offer and I can't wait to hear from my other choices.

Good luck to everyone and I hope that we all get the best possible outcomes :smile:

Congrats! :smile:

Nothing as in offers or as in communication in general?

Certainly for Oxford that is normal, as for the others I do not know but I wouldn't worry about it as there is still loads of time
Original post by Talkative Toad
Nothing as in offers or as in communication in general?

offers. I received the confirmations a few days later
The thing is... if there's an equal consideration policy, why are people receiving offers now?
Reply 18

My friend has applied for Oxford, UCL and Durham and hasn't received an offer for any of those as far as I'm aware. The unis you've applied to tend to wait til after the Jan deadline so everyone gets a chance to submit their applications from what I've heard at least! I'm sure it's nothing to worry about and this might sound harsh, but there's not much you can do right now, so try to relax!
offers. I received the confirmations a few days later

Universities have until the 16th of May to reply:
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/ucas-undergraduate-types-offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending