The Student Room Group

Graduate entry dentistry 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Candybar2348
Congrats on your offer from Sheffield! I wanted to ask if your rejection from kcl was for the graduate programme or standard entry?
i applied to kings graduate entry x
Original post by EllieJacksonn
i applied to kings graduate entry x

Post or pre interview? X
Anyone heard anything from any unis😭
Original post by Cecekellyj
Anyone heard anything from any unis😭

who are you waiting for? i’ve just seen undergrad unis give out offers/rejections
Original post by applesandalevels
who are you waiting for? i’ve just seen undergrad unis give out offers/rejections

Me too, waiting for Kcl and Aberdeen🥲 Aberdeen said they were gonna reply end of March but nothing and they’ll shut soon ( if they haven’t already)
Me too, waiting for Kcl and Aberdeen🥲 Aberdeen said they were gonna reply end of March but nothing and they’ll shut soon ( if they haven’t already)

hopefully tomorrow Aberdeen say because they said end of march? i’m not sure on kings it could be up unt the ucas deadline
Still waiting to hear back from Aberdeen and Dundee. Hope we hear sth positive soon.
hopefully tomorrow Aberdeen say because they said end of march? i’m not sure on kings it could be up unt the ucas deadline

Yeha exactly otherwise it will be April, with kings is so hard cause I can barely find ppl on tsr but I’m guessing they’ve already sent like 1 or 2 offers..?
Yeha exactly otherwise it will be April, with kings is so hard cause I can barely find ppl on tsr but I’m guessing they’ve already sent like 1 or 2 offers..?

fingers crossed for you and other ppl hopefully they say smth today!
fingers crossed for you and other ppl hopefully they say smth today!

Thank you! You are so nice 🙏
Thank you! You are so nice 🙏

awh no i know what it’s like lol fingers and toes crossed it won’t be a nice easter if you don’t have an answer
awh no i know what it’s like lol fingers and toes crossed it won’t be a nice easter if you don’t have an answer

Thinking about it, better to not have an answer than get a rejection 💀😭
Thinking about it, better to not have an answer than get a rejection 💀😭
disagree! a response is a lot better at least then it’s confirmed. i had two gap years out of my control and loads of pre interview rejections it sucks not getting in but it’s better to have an answer then constantly worrying you deserve an answer
....well kings rejected me lol (pretty sure it's to do with my bsc as a friend also got rejected and we had the same dental undergrads early feb) just frustrating with all this false hope/bread crumbing. first emailing me for evidence for caring then 1-2 weeks later emailing for my bsc & msc certificates and transcripts. haha anyway their loss! not sure what more i could've done when i also have a dentistry masters. their response was extremely (undergraduate style) generic too, talking about my GCSEs (they don't look at for grad entry), my school ( i left almot 5 years ago) etc.
graduate entry dentistry is ridicously competitive...only 69/1100 spaces for dentistry are for graduates in the uk so just getting one offer is more than enough. for those who may be worried about reapplying and taking a year out. take the risk, a year goes very fast don't let anything stop you.
i do have an offer from uclan which i am beyond thankful for, although rejection does suck/hurt, uclan is clearly the most suitable environment for me i even had concerns about the kings bds course being huggggeee. compared to uclan 29 students per year split into the decs
at the end of the day you only need the one offer :smile: I've now accepted my uclan offer, just over two months after getting it, so i can focus on that sept start! in four years i would've done my final written exams so i can't wait to be a dentist:smile:
Hi @applesandalevels,

Firstly I'd like to say a huge congratulations on receiving an offer to study dentistry here at UCLan, all your hard work has paid off!🎉

I'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed about not receiving an offer from other universities but like you said, you only need one offer and we are looking forward to welcoming you onto our Preston campus soon! 😊

Let me know if you have any questions about anything from accommodation options to preparing for life here as a UCLan student.

All the best,
Sarah
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Kings has started undergrad offers, anyone heard for the grad course?
Kings has started undergrad offers, anyone heard for the grad course?

i just asked one of my friends who’s applied and she’s not heard anything yet so maybe they’re doing undergrads first?! who knows all the best tho :smile:) where else have you applied/heard back from??
i just asked one of my friends who’s applied and she’s not heard anything yet so maybe they’re doing undergrads first?! who knows all the best tho :smile:) where else have you applied/heard back from??

Ooh okay that’s good to hear, how did she find the int? I was waiting for Aberdeen but it’s basically a no so this is my last choice 😭
Ooh okay that’s good to hear, how did she find the int? I was waiting for Aberdeen but it’s basically a no so this is my last choice 😭

I am waiting to hear back from Aberdeen too after 6 years of applying.😭
Original post by Greekdentist
I am waiting to hear back from Aberdeen too after 6 years of applying.😭

I don't think they are sending anymore offers sadly, unless someone rejects their offer. Is there a waiting list this year?
(edited 2 weeks ago)

most likely good from what she was saying she has an offer for uclan but she lives in london so kcl would be better suited for her location wise but the course at uclan is defo more our style

Quick Reply

Latest