The Student Room Group

Graduate entry dentistry 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by applesandalevels
Oh my bad UCAT has fogged my mind! why did she decline aberdenn for uclan?

I don't think I asked but I'm assuming location (the fact that theres no need to move out since we're already close to home)
Guys hope to get into Aberdeen this year this is my 6th time applying as a graduate with a PhD this year. :frown:
My ucat is 2520 band 2 SJT.
Original post by Greekdentist
Guys hope to get into Aberdeen this year this is my 6th time applying as a graduate with a PhD this year. :frown:
My ucat is 2520 band 2 SJT.

applying more than twice as a grad should automatically get you in! my friend just graduated from bds at uclan and he applied 5 times (pre ucat too!) im sure youll get in what more could they want !! have you got dental experience/background
Original post by Dent.H
I don't think I asked but I'm assuming location (the fact that theres no need to move out since we're already close to home)

i'm glad it worked out for her
applying more than twice as a grad should automatically get you in! my friend just graduated from bds at uclan and he applied 5 times (pre ucat too!) im sure youll get in what more could they want !! have you got dental experience/background

Thank you so much yes lets hope this is a good year. :redface:
Yeah I had some good dental experience and my PS I think is strong, the only downside from the previous years was my ucat. The unis especially as a graduate they place so much emphasis on this. This year i got an average score and a good band on SJT. Let's hope it will be more than enough for Aberdeen. Love the idea of going to Scotland!
Original post by Greekdentist
Thank you so much yes lets hope this is a good year. :redface:
Yeah I had some good dental experience and my PS I think is strong, the only downside from the previous years was my ucat. The unis especially as a graduate they place so much emphasis on this. This year i got an average score and a good band on SJT. Let's hope it will be more than enough for Aberdeen. Love the idea of going to Scotland!

let's see what happens! hopefully you're picking from offers next year!
let's see what happens! hopefully you're picking from offers next year!

Yeah lets hope it will be a good year. All the best to you too!:redface:
Reply 27
I really hope so too I can't imagine doing anything else! Also no my ucat is end of September?
Reply 28
Hi guys, just wanted a bit of advice, I’m a biomed 1st class graduate with a 2800 band 2 UCAT. I’m open to applying to both grad and undergraduate but my a levels are my let down, as I got ABC. Just wanted to have an idea of where best to apply. Was thinking Kings and UCLAN for grad entry and for undergrad QMUL and maybe QUB, leeds (risk as it’s first year of ucat) or Aberdeen or dundee (I’m RUK)
Original post by dami1405
Hi guys, just wanted a bit of advice, I’m a biomed 1st class graduate with a 2800 band 2 UCAT. I’m open to applying to both grad and undergraduate but my a levels are my let down, as I got ABC. Just wanted to have an idea of where best to apply. Was thinking Kings and UCLAN for grad entry and for undergrad QMUL and maybe QUB, leeds (risk as it’s first year of ucat) or Aberdeen or Dundee (I’m RUK)

congrats with your ucat score! i think the best thing to do to email all schools you can apply for and provide all your stats and see which ones would accept you based off of that then apply for the ones you think are best suited to you, i dont rlly know the requirements for dental schools but its best asking the admissions teams as theyre the ones accessing you
Reply 30
congrats with your ucat score! i think the best thing to do to email all schools you can apply for and provide all your stats and see which ones would accept you based off of that then apply for the ones you think are best suited to you, i dont rlly know the requirements for dental schools but its best asking the admissions teams as theyre the ones accessing you

Thanks ☺️ and thanks for the response, I’ll deffo give this a shout. Are you considering to apply to any of these too?
Thanks ☺️ and thanks for the response, I’ll deffo give this a shout. Are you considering to apply to any of these too?

anytimee, yes thinking of uclan, Aberdeen, leeds and maybe kings it depends on my ucat! rather go graduate entry over undergrad but bds is bds wherever you go!
Reply 32
anytimee, yes thinking of uclan, Aberdeen, leeds and maybe kings it depends on my ucat! rather go graduate entry over undergrad but bds is bds wherever you go!

Honestly, would rather go for grad too but like you rightly said bds is bds. Wishing you all the best with your ucat (If you haven’t sat it yet) and your application overall
Honestly, would rather go for grad too but like you rightly said bds is bds. Wishing you all the best with your ucat (If you haven’t sat it yet) and your application overall

much appreciated and you toooo!!
motivation

applying for dentistry again x 3 after getting my offer when I was 18 was something i never even imagined, applying is so stressful and time consuming there's so much unknown and so many expectations down to "luck" i.e. ucat. sometimes i wish 18 year old me had just got into my offer uni and now i would've been in my final year of bds, my whole tiktok is now med/dental students or ucat, somewhat help but a constant reminder does suck. i would rather say this is my second time applying since the second time i wasn't given a predicted grade and the third time i wasn't given the application test so was rejected because of deadline being missed. it always makes me wonder hwy does this happen to just me and no one else when it's other people messing up my application:frown:

im trying to stay positive because when i applied and had full control of my own application, i had interviews and an offer. so praying this time it's the same but it is undeniably hard, especially when it appears everyone else is moving on with their lives or people who are 5 years younger and inevitably younger than me...one of my brothers will be doing his a levels this year and even though I've done my bsc(hons) and will finish my msc i feel somewhat ashamed because im not where i want to be and he will be. the realies are it is hard reapplying when you've applied at least once and not everyday's easy, constantly thinking of backups and what i can do in this gap year

hoping tmw is an easier day, today i'll be focusing on vr and my viva :')
motivation

applying for dentistry again x 3 after getting my offer when I was 18 was something i never even imagined, applying is so stressful and time consuming there's so much unknown and so many expectations down to "luck" i.e. ucat. sometimes i wish 18 year old me had just got into my offer uni and now i would've been in my final year of bds, my whole tiktok is now med/dental students or ucat, somewhat help but a constant reminder does suck. i would rather say this is my second time applying since the second time i wasn't given a predicted grade and the third time i wasn't given the application test so was rejected because of deadline being missed. it always makes me wonder hwy does this happen to just me and no one else when it's other people messing up my application:frown:

im trying to stay positive because when i applied and had full control of my own application, i had interviews and an offer. so praying this time it's the same but it is undeniably hard, especially when it appears everyone else is moving on with their lives or people who are 5 years younger and inevitably younger than me...one of my brothers will be doing his a levels this year and even though I've done my bsc(hons) and will finish my msc i feel somewhat ashamed because im not where i want to be and he will be. the realies are it is hard reapplying when you've applied at least once and not everyday's easy, constantly thinking of backups and what i can do in this gap year

hoping tmw is an easier day, today i'll be focusing on vr and my viva :')

I can totally relate to you on this, i don't even think its worth me applying because I have 3 days to study for the ucat exam and i don't remember anything from last year, I told myself last year this is the last time I'm applying cause the whole process was draining. I think I might do pharmacy as a backup because at this stage i feel the same, my little cousins will be applying to university next year and i'm sat in the same position. I wish i thought about this sooner but i kept telling myself its not meant to be.

How come you didn't accept your offer the first time?
Original post by cakePOP1122
I can totally relate to you on this, i don't even think its worth me applying because I have 3 days to study for the ucat exam and i don't remember anything from last year, I told myself last year this is the last time I'm applying cause the whole process was draining. I think I might do pharmacy as a backup because at this stage i feel the same, my little cousins will be applying to university next year and i'm sat in the same position. I wish i thought about this sooner but i kept telling myself its not meant to be.

How come you didn't accept your offer the first time?

you're definitely not apply? if you dont do ucat it rules out bds completely i would say do ucat maybe there's a test centre close enough to drive or train that's at the end of the testing period, if you do ucat you have the opportunity to apply for bds and if for wtv reason you decide to not apply you have pahrm as a backup. it's better to try and choose to not do smth than completely not do smth and then rule it out! a few dental schools are using ucat for the first time this year so the requirements will be lower and some schools (ug tho) dont focus on ucat a lot so it's worth a shot

i missed the grade for chem needed an a i got a c (Close to a b tho!) was going to resit and reapply when i was 18/19 but ended up doing my bsc which is dental and clinically related
Forgot about this thread!
In two weeks time well only have to worry about interview prep and the interviews themselves !!
I’m just getting my PS checked and hopefully my referee is writing or has wrote my reference
UCAT scores came out today hopefully unis like Leeds and UCLan will tell us how they’re using the ucat to score/select candidate
Feeling positive the hardest parts nearly over
Reply 38
Hi, I have a UCAT of 2670 B1, and thinking of applying to Aberdeen, Kings (undergrad) and Liverpool. I'm unsure whether to go with Leeds or Sheffield as my 4th option. Would appreciate any advice!
Reply 39
Original post by hiuvhehg
Hi, I have a UCAT of 2670 B1, and thinking of applying to Aberdeen, Kings (undergrad) and Liverpool. I'm unsure whether to go with Leeds or Sheffield as my 4th option. Would appreciate any advice!

Would deffo say leeds over Sheffield (historically Sheffield has their cut offs at 2750+ and last year it was 2850).
I Would say if it’s something you haven’t looked into is to check out UCLAN grad route, it’s their first year of using the ucat, similar to leeds, it’s a risk just like leeds but it’s a risk that gives a 4 year route and less financial burden over the 5 year route. Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest