The Student Room Group

Graduate entry dentistry 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dami1405
Would deffo say leeds over Sheffield (historically Sheffield has their cut offs at 2750+ and last year it was 2850).
I Would say if it’s something you haven’t looked into is to check out UCLAN grad route, it’s their first year of using the ucat, similar to leeds, it’s a risk just like leeds but it’s a risk that gives a 4 year route and less financial burden over the 5 year route. Hope this helps

Uclan is risky they will be using ucat as 100% this year. Check their website.
https://www.uclan.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/dental-surgery-bds
Original post by dami1405
Hi guys, just wanted a bit of advice, I’m a biomed 1st class graduate with a 2800 band 2 UCAT. I’m open to applying to both grad and undergraduate but my a levels are my let down, as I got ABC. Just wanted to have an idea of where best to apply. Was thinking Kings and UCLAN for grad entry and for undergrad QMUL and maybe QUB, leeds (risk as it’s first year of ucat) or Aberdeen or dundee (I’m RUK)

Hi there @dami1405, :smile:

Great to hear that you are interested in studying dentistry here at The University of Central Lancashire.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have about the course or life here at the University.

Best wishes, :smile:
Sarah
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi there @dami1405, :smile:

Great to hear that you are interested in studying dentistry here at The University of Central Lancashire.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have about the course or life here at the University.

Best wishes, :smile:
Sarah

apart from the what’s on the website do you know how candidates will be scored for interview since it’s very vague! the ucat official deciles are out and the bds deadline is coming forward is there anyway of confirming this so applicants know where to apply else it’s a bit unfair :/ the uclan website says it’s going to score us on a few things but doesn’t say how ucat will be used! any official confirmation from the dental school would be great!
Reply 43
@dami1405Thanks for your reply, appreciate it! Looked into UCLAN but they have a quite a small number of places so thought I might stand a better chance at sheffield. I've seen alot of conflicting information about sheffield UCAT scores, can I ask where you found that their cut off score last year was 2850? Thanks!
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by hiuvhehg
@dami1405Thanks for your reply, appreciate it! Looked into UCLAN but they have a quite a small number of places so thought I might stand a better chance at sheffield. I've seen alot of conflicting information about sheffield UCAT scores, can I ask where you found that their cut off score last year was 2850? Thanks!

Hi their cutoff was 2600 last year. The 2850 cutoff was for medicine not dentistry:wink:
Original post by Greekdentist
Hi their cutoff was 2600 last year. The 2850 cutoff was for medicine not dentistry:wink:

hey where did you get their cut off from?
Original post by applesandalevels
hey where did you get their cut off from?

I got from here
https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/2023/medicine-mbchb
apart from the what’s on the website do you know how candidates will be scored for interview since it’s very vague! the ucat official deciles are out and the bds deadline is coming forward is there anyway of confirming this so applicants know where to apply else it’s a bit unfair :/ the uclan website says it’s going to score us on a few things but doesn’t say how ucat will be used! any official confirmation from the dental school would be great!

Hi there @applesandalevels,

I have spoken to the School of Dentistry who have advised that the application process is as follows:
1. Academic requirements (including predicted grades)
2. UCAT
3. Top 120 scoring UCAT are invited for interview (Interviews are Multiple-mini- Interviews)
4. Offer based on MMI score alone (and is conditional on academic requirements being met, DBS and OH clearance)

If you would like to discuss the application process through with a member of our admission team you can email the team at [email protected] for further support.

All the best, :smile:
Sarah
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 48
Hi guys, where do you think I can apply with a 2:1 in physiology with pharmacology with a UCAT of 2700 band 1 and BCC at A levels?
Original post by gabbyu
Hi guys, where do you think I can apply with a 2:1 in physiology with pharmacology with a UCAT of 2700 band 1 and BCC at A levels?

sorry just seeing this where did you end up applying?
UCAS submitted, UCAT survived, Interviews here we come! (God allowing!)
I've applied for Aberdeen, UCLan, Kings GEP and Leeds my fifth option is Leeds DHT
All the best guys praying we all get in this year applying as a graduate is an extreme sport
Reply 51
sorry just seeing this where did you end up applying?

I applied to Aberdeen, Leeds, UCLAN and Dundee
Original post by gabbyu
I applied to Aberdeen, Leeds, UCLAN and Dundee

nice same but kings instead of dundee!
Reply 53
nice same but kings instead of dundee!

oh cool, which one is your top choice? Also, do we have to fill out any other forms other than UCLAN
Original post by gabbyu
oh cool, which one is your top choice? Also, do we have to fill out any other forms other than UCLAN

honestly ill go anywhere but kings will be my top as i love london i did my masters and i miss it so much! its also closest to home for me hbu? and no i dont think so !
Reply 55
honestly ill go anywhere but kings will be my top as i love london i did my masters and i miss it so much! its also closest to home for me hbu? and no i dont think so !

Yh I live near London as well and wanted to go there but I felt like my UCAT was too low. I think UCLAN coz it's fully paid for but I am happy with whatever as well
Original post by gabbyu
Yh I live near London as well and wanted to go there but I felt like my UCAT was too low. I think UCLAN coz it's fully paid for but I am happy with whatever as well

yeah kcl is a bit tricky i was considering dundee but they’re pretty strict with their a level requirements despite me doing a dental bsc and msc. let’s hope we get 4/4 offers!
Reply 57
yeah kcl is a bit tricky i was considering dundee but they’re pretty strict with their a level requirements despite me doing a dental bsc and msc. let’s hope we get 4/4 offers!

Oh I didn't know that they were strict with A levels, I didn't see it on their website. Hopefully we do get in, fingers crossed.
Original post by gabbyu
Oh I didn't know that they were strict with A levels, I didn't see it on their website. Hopefully we do get in, fingers crossed.

long as you meet the a level requirements you’ll be fine!
Reply 59
long as you meet the a level requirements you’ll be fine!

Wait, does that mean I have to get AAA coz I only got BCC

Quick Reply

Latest