The Student Room Group

Graduate entry dentistry 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gabbyu
Wait, does that mean I have to get AAA coz I only got BCC

Hey what ucat score did you get? I got 2520 band 2.
Original post by gabbyu
Wait, does that mean I have to get AAA coz I only got BCC

i messaged you
Reply 62
Original post by Greekdentist
Hey what ucat score did you get? I got 2520 band 2.

Hi, I got 2700 band 1
I applied to uclan but missed the deadline for the form. Do you think they’ll allow me to submit it late or am I better off withdrawing my application and applying somewhere else?
Original post by Sumayyahnazir
I applied to uclan but missed the deadline for the form. Do you think they’ll allow me to submit it late or am I better off withdrawing my application and applying somewhere else?

It’s worth emailing admissions! I hope it’s okay tho!!
i was just thinking now (obs im not admissions) but since it's passed the ucas deadline if you change an option won't it be seen as late? maybe email the uni you would change and uclan to see what you can do i rlly hope it works out!! lmk what happens
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Sumayyahnazir

Hi there @Sumayyahnazir,

I would advise you contact our admissions team who will be able to look into this for you. You can contact the team by email at [email protected] for further support. Within your email please include your full name, course name, date of birth and when you submitted your application.

Best wishes,
Sarah
post ucas update: i’ve heard snack from all unis apart from uclan enjoying the calm before the interview season storm

hopefully everyone’s heard/heading back soon but don’t stress if you haven’t because admissions teams are defo swapped with applications. also ucat results haven’t been delivered yet hopefullg hearing back about interviews in november :smile:
Original post by applesandalevels
post ucas update: i’ve heard snack from all unis apart from uclan enjoying the calm before the interview season storm

hopefully everyone’s heard/heading back soon but don’t stress if you haven’t because admissions teams are defo swapped with applications. also ucat results haven’t been delivered yet hopefullg hearing back about interviews in november :smile:

So nervous about interviews, (they only give you 1-2 weeks preparation time) how are you holding up applesandalevels? (good luck 🍀🍀🍀)
Original post by toothysmile
So nervous about interviews, (they only give you 1-2 weeks preparation time) how are you holding up applesandalevels? (good luck 🍀🍀🍀)

honestly my best advice is stay busy try not to think about it if you can, spend maybe an hour each day until you have interview invites! is this your first time applying if so i’m assuming you’re in school/a levels

today i’ve just gone over the gdc principles and practice mmi questions for it and now i’m binge watching married at first sight hahaaha how about you?

all the best with you too! i’m sure we’ll be fine getting and interview means the school wants you and they’ve given the opportunity to “sell yourself.” everyone should be on an equal playing field although some unis will use sjt to decide between candidates so long as you’re b1 or 2 you should be goood !

anyway i’m just wishing i got in when i was 18 applying as a grad is an extreme sport 😭
honestly my best advice is stay busy try not to think about it if you can, spend maybe an hour each day until you have interview invites! is this your first time applying if so i’m assuming you’re in school/a levels

today i’ve just gone over the gdc principles and practice mmi questions for it and now i’m binge watching married at first sight hahaaha how about you?

all the best with you too! i’m sure we’ll be fine getting and interview means the school wants you and they’ve given the opportunity to “sell yourself.” everyone should be on an equal playing field although some unis will use sjt to decide between candidates so long as you’re b1 or 2 you should be goood !

anyway i’m just wishing i got in when i was 18 applying as a grad is an extreme sport 😭

thanks for the advice 🥰 (PRSOM), I don't envy grad applicants but if anyone can do it I'm sure it will be you!
Original post by toothysmile
thanks for the advice 🥰 (PRSOM), I don't envy grad applicants but if anyone can do it I'm sure it will be you!

ah i hope so thank you:smile: where are you applying to?
updates
pre-interview rejection from Aberdeen ☹️ due to vr score despite everything I've done! very disappointed but the course is very competitive if you're RUK
however....
i got a UCLan interview yesterday! starting to feel very real now as this time last year i got rejected pre-intervitime to work super hard because this is my dream to study dentistry since i was 16 (...now im 23) and i'm too close to missing it!
good luck to everyone else applying!
Reply 72
updates
pre-interview rejection from Aberdeen ☹️ due to vr score despite everything I've done! very disappointed but the course is very competitive if you're RUK
however....
i got a UCLan interview yesterday! starting to feel very real now as this time last year i got rejected pre-intervitime to work super hard because this is my dream to study dentistry since i was 16 (...now im 23) and i'm too close to missing it!

Yeah Aberdeen only has a few spaces and it is very competitive for RUK students. Well done for the UCLAN interview though that's so good!
Original post by gabbyu
Yeah Aberdeen only has a few spaces and it is very competitive for RUK students. Well done for the UCLAN interview though that's so good!

yes only 5 ruk which is crazy crazy small!

thank you i’m rlly happy i got a uclan interview! a bit nervous for it tho…have you heard back?? where did you apply?
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 74
yes only 5 ruk which is crazy crazy small!

thank you i’m rlly happy i got a uclan interview! a bit nervous for it tho…have you heard back?? where did you apply?

I messaged you!
updates
however....

Hey @applesandalevels , 😊

I'm sorry to read that you are disappointed about Aberdeen. It's great to hear that you have an interview for Dentistry here at UCLan! Wishing you good luck for your interview, if you have any questions do let me know and I'd be happy to help.

Best wishes, 😊
Sarah
Got an offer for UCLan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thankfully i’ve done my degrees now!!
anyway rip applesandalevsls (2017-2024) made this when i was 16 now i’m 23!! we’ve gone through a levels, bsc and msc! applied 3 times to dentistry and it was all worth it !!

still waiting to hear back from kings but least uclan is confirm i am very happy
anyway rip applesandalevsls (2017-2024) made this when i was 16 now i’m 23!! we’ve gone through a levels, bsc and msc! applied 3 times to dentistry and it was all worth it !!

still waiting to hear back from kings but least uclan is confirm i am very happy

Hi @applesandalevels,

Amazing news! Congratulations on your offer, you must be so pleased! 😊

We hope to welcome you to campus soon 🌹

Best wishes,
Sarah

Well done that's amazing, dreams finally coming true! im also a graduate wanting to apply this coming year, but apart from grades what more did you do work experience wise etc? you can private message If easier I would just love some advice and help in order to apply
Waiting to hear from Aberdeen and Dundee hope to get an offer after 6 times applying! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest