The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher English

Any tips to keep up with the content and pace of the course as I will be missing the first three weeks of school.
Reply 1
Original post by a$ap_pranjol
Any tips to keep up with the content and pace of the course as I will be missing the first three weeks of school.

I would recommend focusing on planning out your dissertation first (whether that's reading your book(s), coming up with a title or researching quotes etc.) as it's one of the components of the course that requires the most work. When I studied the subject last year, I also attended e-Sgoil study support webinars which gave me extra help and a headstart on what to expect from the course.

I hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 2
yeah I had bad luck with moving to a new school and it turns out I gotta wait a bit longer before actually attending but it is what it is I suppose.I'm a fast reader so the I should be handle to the literature part (plus I love reading so that's calm)

Are there any online resources you would recommend personally just to help me catch up.
and much love for the help!

Original post by d1anasaur
I would recommend focusing on planning out your dissertation first (whether that's reading your book(s), coming up with a title or researching quotes etc.) as it's one of the components of the course that requires the most work. When I studied the subject last year, I also attended e-Sgoil study support webinars which gave me extra help and a headstart on what to expect from the course.

Reply 3
I just went on the e-Sgoil website and saw Gaelic I'm a bit lost iwl I thought it would be an English resource. Are you from the highlands or something haha?

Reply 4
yeah I had bad luck with moving to a new school and it turns out I gotta wait a bit longer before actually attending but it is what it is I suppose.I'm a fast reader so the I should be handle to the literature part (plus I love reading so that's calm)

Are there any online resources you would recommend personally just to help me catch up.
and much love for the help!

I really recommend Scholar as it has an online course for it which basically covers everything that you need to know - https://scholar.hw.ac.uk/

And no worries! Hope everything goes well at your new school.
Reply 5
I just went on the e-Sgoil website and saw Gaelic I'm a bit lost iwl I thought it would be an English resource. Are you from the highlands or something haha?

Haha no, e-Sgoil is based in the Western Isles but webinars are also available in English, not just Gaelic. There are teachers all over Scotland that offer study support. :smile:

https://e-sgoil.com/senior-phase/study-support/ - You would usually register here but it'll be available in September.
Reply 6
ah cheers man I'll have a look- and appreciate you saying that
I really recommend Scholar as it has an online course for it which basically covers everything that you need to know - https://scholar.hw.ac.uk/

And no worries! Hope everything goes well at your new school.
Reply 7
Haha no, e-Sgoil is based in the Western Isles but webinars are also available in English, not just Gaelic. There are teachers all over Scotland that offer study support. :smile:

https://e-sgoil.com/senior-phase/study-support/ - You would usually register here but it'll be available in September.

ahh okay, thanks for helping
Reply 8
ahh okay, thanks for helping

No problem!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending