The Student Room Group

Loan too small??

I applied for my finance late because I forgot. I just got the entitlement summary and it’s way less than last year as well as below the supposed minimum loan when i googled to see what the minimum loan is. Is this because I applied late I won’t get enough? What do I do
Original post by yearow03
I applied for my finance late because I forgot. I just got the entitlement summary and it’s way less than last year as well as below the supposed minimum loan when i googled to see what the minimum loan is. Is this because I applied late I won’t get enough? What do I do

Hi there,

I do not believe that you would have got a smaller loan due to applying for it later this year. I applied for mine much earlier this year and received a reduced amount despite having the same living circumstances.

I'm so sorry to hear about your predicament and wish you the best of luck at university.

Rachel- YSJ student rep
Original post by yearow03

Hi yearow03,

This would only happen if you previously had an overpayment that is being removed or you have incorrectly applied for a placement year. Can you confirm the name of the course, university and year of entry?

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending