The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Student Finance - help!!!!

I am so confused and would love some advice please.

15+ years ago I achieved a diploma at uni (without student finance). 7ish years ago I applied to study with OU, and was awarded a tuition fee loan. I was quite poorly at the time and quickly withdrew, leaving me with a small amount of student loan debt.

I have now applied with a brick uni to study full time, was offered a place but have been rejected for tuition fee loan on the basis of previous study. I phoned and spoke to SFW and was told it must be wrong so to write a letter, I received an email reiterating 'nope' and phoned again, to be told again it must be wrong, and after a long time on hold was advised to appeal as they were being told 'nope' too but it didn't make sense. I've sent off an appeal.

I've found this massively stressful and would like to change to a part time course with OU now but I'm wondering if now I can never get a degree as I've been told nope (and I'm assuming applying part time again won't help even though I was awarded a tuition fee loan briefly before). Does anyone have any advice or know if there's someone at OU who could perhaps support me through this? Many thanks

Quick Reply

Latest