The Student Room Group

Sfe doctoral loan - question

I am in the beginning of my fourth year of my PhD. I was previously funded by a small charity (so not through the Research Council). My funding has run out but my course doesn't finish until July 2025. Am I eligible for SFE?
Hi there,

Students’ in receipt of any of the following won’t be eligible to receive a PGD loan:

Research Council (RC) studentships, stipends, scholarships, and tuition fee support

Social work bursary

Educational Psychology Bursary and their course starts on or after 1st August 2020

NHS bursary

National Institute for Health Research bursary

Postgraduate Loan for Masters course

Undergraduate HE funding (except PG DSA)

If the funding you were receiving does not fall into any of those categories, then you should still be eligible.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Hello Clare,

Thanks so much for your reply.
I am still somewhat confused.
Does a small charity giving me a scholarship cancel me out from getting the loan? Or not, as it wasn't from the Research Council?

Many thanks,
Clara
Original post by Kmec1993
Hello Clare,

Thanks so much for your reply.
I am still somewhat confused.
Does a small charity giving me a scholarship cancel me out from getting the loan? Or not, as it wasn't from the Research Council?

Many thanks,
Clara

Hi there. If it's not on the list, it should be okay. However, it would need to be reviewed first before we can make a decision. You can make an application, and we can review it for you to make sure. Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending