The Student Room Group

SFE are seemingly refusing to process my application

Hello,
I applied for student finance for a graduate entry medicine course in early may as soon as i got my offer. I've confirmed with SFE over the phone many times now that they have all the information and evidence to process my application but they just aren't doing it. I've called every week and every time i speak to someone they say as it's all well past the threshold they will 'refer' it (i dont know where they are referring it to!) and that I'll hear within 5 working days. This has happened 4 times now - 4 apparent referrals and I've still heard nothing. My course starts on Monday, I need to pay my tuition fee, I'm a single mum with a young child who needs childcare, and until student finance process my application I have no funds to cover any living expenses, I have no childcare so won't be able to attend my course and won't be able to pay my tuition either. PLEASE can someone help me with this. Everyone on the phone say there's nothing more they can do and I just have to wait but every person also says it's not even being processed yet so I don't know what to do. You're going to make me loose out on medicine
2 things that might help
1. Log into your SFE account during working ours and use the online chat to ask what is causing the delay. The online chat is staffed by more experienced people than the phones.
2. Talk to your university student records/registry team. Ask to speak to whoever deals with sending information to SLC. Explain the situation to them and ask if they can help.
Original post by Allison96
Hello,
I applied for student finance for a graduate entry medicine course in early may as soon as i got my offer. I've confirmed with SFE over the phone many times now that they have all the information and evidence to process my application but they just aren't doing it. I've called every week and every time i speak to someone they say as it's all well past the threshold they will 'refer' it (i dont know where they are referring it to!) and that I'll hear within 5 working days. This has happened 4 times now - 4 apparent referrals and I've still heard nothing. My course starts on Monday, I need to pay my tuition fee, I'm a single mum with a young child who needs childcare, and until student finance process my application I have no funds to cover any living expenses, I have no childcare so won't be able to attend my course and won't be able to pay my tuition either. PLEASE can someone help me with this. Everyone on the phone say there's nothing more they can do and I just have to wait but every person also says it's not even being processed yet so I don't know what to do. You're going to make me loose out on medicine

If you're able to contact us via the live chat in your account or on 0300 100 0607 we'll look into this and help you further. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending