The Student Room Group

over 60's Masters loan

When applying for a Masters Loan aged 63, Does the upper age limit apply if :- a, I have no higher education certifications? b, I am applying through APEL process ? c, would funding be available if this was a part time course?
Original post by TrevorStaniland
When applying for a Masters Loan aged 63, Does the upper age limit apply if :- a, I have no higher education certifications? b, I am applying through APEL process ? c, would funding be available if this was a part time course?

Hi TrevorStaniland,

No, the upper age limit policy would still apply.

Thanks, Clare
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi TrevorStaniland,

No, the upper age limit policy would still apply.

Thanks, Clare

Thank you Clare, I have just been accepted on a MA course but don't seem to be able to fund it as i am 63 yrs old?, do you have any suggestions how i might proceed?

Regards Trevor
Thank you Clare, I have just been accepted on a MA course but don't seem to be able to fund it as i am 63 yrs old?, do you have any suggestions how i might proceed?

Regards Trevor

Hi Trevor,

You would be best speaking to the financial department at the university for further guidance.

Thanks, Clare
Hi Trevor,

You would be best speaking to the financial department at the university for further guidance.

Thanks, Clare

Hi Clare, I have followed your advice, however the UNI has recommended I speak with SLC directly,
My situation does not fit regular pigeon holes, If I can talk to someone who has a little authority I may find a solution, they have given me a no. to ring , would you know of anyone who can make decisions that I could speak with?

Regards Trevor
Hi Clare, I have followed your advice, however the UNI has recommended I speak with SLC directly,
My situation does not fit regular pigeon holes, If I can talk to someone who has a little authority I may find a solution, they have given me a no. to ring , would you know of anyone who can make decisions that I could speak with?

Regards Trevor

Hi Trevor,

You can make an appeal regarding this, I have provided the links below with the form required and contact details to send this to.

https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/nysf/sfe_appeals_form_d.pdf

[email protected]

Memphis Building
Lingfield Point
P.O. Box 226
Darlington
DL1 9GA

If you use the email, please ensure that you include your Customer Reference Number in the header of your email so that your account can be identified quickly.

Thanks, Clare
Hi Trevor,

You can make an appeal regarding this, I have provided the links below with the form required and contact details to send this to.

https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/nysf/sfe_appeals_form_d.pdf

[email protected]

Memphis Building
Lingfield Point
P.O. Box 226
Darlington
DL1 9GA

If you use the email, please ensure that you include your Customer Reference Number in the header of your email so that your account can be identified quickly.

Thanks, Clare

Hi Clare, I don't yet have a CRN yet

Trevor
Hi Clare, I don't yet have a CRN yet

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

Then you would need to create an account so that we can note/take action on any queries and applications that you have made.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare
updated
Dear Clare, after speaking to SFE on the phone, It was suggested I email appeals knowing that an application would be refused. having emailed a comprehensive letter I get an automated reply saying I need to contact Customer Service team for further information in the first instance as these emails will not be responded to.
After completing an application my Status is not eligible for student loan,
So, if i send an appeal email again, i'm back to square 1

there is no contact details for phone or email for Customer Service team,
how can i expedite matters please?
I'm just going round in circles now!

regards Trevor
(edited 6 months ago)
Hi Trevor,

If you can remove your CRN from your last message as we can't access accounts on this platform and wouldn't ask for your personal details. You'd need to contact the team on the methods Clare's advised above. You mentioned the email you received, that's likely an acknowledgment email. As it does take up to 40 working days for the appeals team to respond to you via the requested method. Thanks, Jason
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Trevor,

If you can remove your CRN from your last message as we can't access accounts on this platform and wouldn't ask for your personal details. You'd need to contact the team on the methods Clare's advised above. You mentioned the email you received, that's likely an acknowledgment email. As it does take up to 40 working days for the appeals team to respond to you via the requested method. Thanks, Jason

Thanks Jason, can you remove above reply as that includes original post!

Thanks, Trev
Thanks Jason, can you remove above reply as that includes original post!

Thanks, Trev

Hi Trevor,

Yes, of course - we'll get that done.

About the e-mail you received, what did it say specifically? Did the Appeals team say they won't consider your case?

Thanks, Graeme
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi Trevor,

Yes, of course - we'll get that done.

About the e-mail you received, what did it say specifically? Did the Appeals team say they won't consider your case?

Thanks, Graeme

Hi Graeme, latest update.....I found and sent an application in but Status says not eligibly, I sent an email to Appeals but before
I completed an application, but didn't included my CRN in the subject header (I did put it in the start of the email), should I resend an email with CRN in subject header?

Trev
Hi Graeme, latest update.....I found and sent an application in but Status says not eligibly, I sent an email to Appeals but before
I completed an application, but didn't included my CRN in the subject header (I did put it in the start of the email), should I resend an email with CRN in subject header?

Trev

Yes, we'd definitely recommend doing that, just so the Appeals team are then aware that you have an account and have made an application.

Let us know once you get a reply and what it says. Normally, you get an repay within 5 working days from the team confirming if they'll be considering your appeal of not.

Thanks, Graeme
Original post by Graeme SFE
Yes, we'd definitely recommend doing that, just so the Appeals team are then aware that you have an account and have made an application.

Let us know once you get a reply and what it says. Normally, you get an repay within 5 working days from the team confirming if they'll be considering your appeal of not.

Thanks, Graeme

Many thanks Graeme

Trev
Many thanks Graeme

Trev

That's great, thank you!

Regards, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending