The Student Room Group

starting sixth form/ a levels

i'm starting year 12 this september and i'm doing history (aqa) , maths (ocr) , econ (edexcel) and art (idk the board) and was wondering if anyone has any tips just in general or for revising the subjects i'm really really scared for sixth form lol so this would really help thanks x
Reply 1
Original post by cvpidd
i'm starting year 12 this september and i'm doing history (aqa) , maths (ocr) , econ (edexcel) and art (idk the board) and was wondering if anyone has any tips just in general or for revising the subjects i'm really really scared for sixth form lol so this would really help thanks x

Do you know if you're doing Maths OCR A or B?
Reply 2
Original post by aarynmb
Do you know if you're doing Maths OCR A or B?

i dont know sorry, they just asked us to buy the textbooks, i guess i'll know once school starts
Reply 3
Original post by cvpidd
i dont know sorry, they just asked us to buy the textbooks, i guess i'll know once school starts

I don't think they're THAT different, so hopefully this can still apply if you're doing OCR B haha. I did OCR A, and I found that practice questions are your best friend. When you start, do the practice questions in the textbook which correlate to the topics you're studying, do your homework sheets and talk to your peers about questions you're stuck with, then take any help your school offers, like extra Maths study sessions if they run them, even if you don't actually ask any questions in them and it's just to give you a place to study. Once you've covered enough content, try past papers too. For some topics, it is possible to make mind maps, like stats tests and projectiles, etc. with key equations and ideas on it and I thought that was very helpful. As well, annotating the formula sheet you'll get with other helpful formulas, so that during exams you can think of other equations that will be helpful but aren't provided, was really useful for me. Maths is a weird subject because it is hard to make or use a lot of revision resources for, but I hope it goes well for you!

Quick Reply

Latest