The Student Room Group

16+ Exam

Hii
I’m relatively new to the student room. How did you revise for the 16+ (if you were from a state school). I want to do either maths, Chem and bio or physics, Chem and bio. I’m currently going into yr10 this year. How was the test like for schools such as Queen’s agate, Latymer Upper, Goldolphin & Latymer, St Paul’s Girls, Putney High and Lady Eleanor Holles?
Thank you!!
Original post by overachiever1
Hii
I’m relatively new to the student room. How did you revise for the 16+ (if you were from a state school). I want to do either maths, Chem and bio or physics, Chem and bio. I’m currently going into yr10 this year. How was the test like for schools such as Queen’s agate, Latymer Upper, Goldolphin & Latymer, St Paul’s Girls, Putney High and Lady Eleanor Holles?
Thank you!!

Hello

Yes, I am from a state school and have done year 12. Regarding your options, Maths, chem, bio sounds much better than phy , chemistry, bio. It's because maths is strongly advised I guess with sciences and especially if you are taking physics, its a good idea to take maths along with it.
Now, if you are still unsure what to pick, pick ALL 4 of them and then drop 1 after a couple of months. Picking 4 A levels is a recommended pathway if you are not sure what you would like to study.

For revision, you should search as much content as you can online to help you. Yt channels, save my exams, pmt website and lots of other resources to look out.
My advice is to maintain CONSISTENCY. It's easy to study 5 hrs a day rather than studying 1 hour for 5 days. Please be consistent and just stay on top of your work. THIS IS HARD THOUGH.

I dont know about the schools you have mentioned
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Shubham9548
Hello

Yes, I am from a state school and have done year 12. Regarding your options, Maths, chem, bio sounds much better than phy , chemistry, bio. It's because maths is strongly advised I guess with sciences and especially if you are taking physics, its a good idea to take maths along with it.
Now, if you are still unsure what to pick, pick ALL 4 of them and then drop 1 after a couple of months. Picking 4 A levels is a recommended pathway if you are not sure what you would like to study.

For revision, you should search as much content as you can online to help you. Yt channels, save my exams, pmt website and lots of other resources to look out.
My advice is to maintain CONSISTENCY. It's easy to study 5 hrs a day rather than studying 1 hour for 5 days. Please be consistent and just stay on top of your work. THIS IS HARD THOUGH.

I dont know about the schools you have mentioned

Thank you so much! Also when does the sixth form process start, as well as for private/ grammars?
Reply 3
Also is four A-levels manageable? I’m the eldest so I don’t really know what to expect but my friend’s siblings seem to have the idea that it’s completely unmanageable.
Thank you so much! Also when does the sixth form process start, as well as for private/ grammars?

I think it has already started! My sixth form is gonna start in 3 days and generally other sixth forms will within a week!

What year are you in?
(edited 7 months ago)
Also is four A-levels manageable? I’m the eldest so I don’t really know what to expect but my friend’s siblings seem to have the idea that it’s completely unmanageable.

Haha... There are people who do 5 A levels (eg Maths, further maths,chem,bio and physics) and get 5A*.
There are people who do 3 A levels and get 3U's.
Ultimately, it depends upon you. I would say it is manageable as when I went to oxford uni for a tour, I met people who did maths,chem,bio,phy and got A*A*A*A.
You just need to put in a lot of work and stay consistent

Anyways, if at some point you think 4 A levels is not manageable, you can always drop 1
Reply 7
Original post by Shubham9548
I think it has already started! My sixth form is gonna start in 3 days and generally other sixth forms will within a week!

What year are you in?

I’m starting yr10 this year.
I’m starting yr10 this year.

Well... Thats cool.

You will come to know about your sixth form deadlines in y12 by your school so the process of enrolling in one of them will be quite smooth.

Make sure you study in y10 coz at the end I think you will have exams and they will count towards predicted grades for GCSE's. Also, in year 11 after a month or 2 you are gonna have a proper mock exam which definitely defines what you are gonna get in your real GCSE'S and those grades will be sent to your sixth form!!
Reply 9
Hii
Thank you!!

why are you applying to queens gate? because i know the school
Did you do the Latymer test today
Reply 11
Original post by TheHhhhhhh
Did you do the Latymer test today

no it was structured so weirdly. what group were you in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending