The Student Room Group

There's something wrong with me.

I can't hold down a job.

Sounds terrible, doesn't it?

I've had a string of jobs and for one reason or another they have come to an end.
If it isn't honest things like being made redundant (happened twice), it's that I tend to rub people up the wrong way.

Disclaimer: I have had a diagnosis of Asperger's (a high functioning form of autism) since I was 17.

Even though I have Asperger's, I'm honestly not socially backward. Over the years I've largely grown out of it. However, I don't have the skills to navigate office politics.

I'm really getting sick of it and it's impacting me financially and emotionally.

I feel like I don't belong in this world.
Have you ever thought about doing a job related to Asperges/other conditions?
Even going to groups for people with asperges so you can talk to other people with the same condition will put your mind at ease. And someone may be able to help in regards to your financial situation.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Have you ever thought about doing a job related to Asperges/other conditions?

Original post by Anonymous
Even going to groups for people with asperges so you can talk to other people with the same condition will put your mind at ease. And someone may be able to help in regards to your financial situation.

Thanks for your advice.

I have previously volunteered at an Asperger's charity and, frankly, I found it really boring.
It's either families seeking advice about how to get an assessment or Asperger's people who let their diagnosis entirely define them.

Quick Reply

Latest