English language AQA
Maths OCR
Chemistry AQA
Physics AQA
Biology AQA
History AQA
Spanish AQA
Food Tech AQA

I am so scared for year 11 as time is passing by so quickly and we have already gotten assesments set on our first day.

I do Pride and prejudice, Romeo and Juliet and Inspector Calls
If anyone can help with Pride and Prejudice as it has been such a struggle for me to find resources online and to understand the book then that would be amazing
Hi! I'm in Yr 11 too!

I do English Lit and Language, Triple Science, Math, Further Math, Spanish ( second language is compulsory at my school 😔), History, Art and Computer Science
I'm aiming for 8s and 9s, and my mock grades ranged from 6-9, with the exception of art at a 4 (which I plan to work on this year!!).
For literature, we are doing Never Let Me Go (6/10), Romeo and Juliet(4/10 because I genuinely can't take it seriously) and A Christmas Carol (?/10)
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by hajar101
Hi everyone
I am also in year 11
I do :
English literature AQA
English language AQA
Maths OCR
Chemistry AQA
Physics AQA
Biology AQA
History AQA
Spanish AQA
Food Tech AQA

I am so scared for year 11 as time is passing by so quickly and we have already gotten assesments set on our first day.

I do Pride and prejudice, Romeo and Juliet and Inspector Calls
If anyone can help with Pride and Prejudice as it has been such a struggle for me to find resources online and to understand the book then that would be amazing

Heyyy
I use sparknotes for pride and prejudice bc I really struggled to understand the story but now i’m confident with the storyline and this also gives analysis on characters and themes as well as chapter summaries xx
omg you also take food tech - how are u feeling about the nea’s
Reply 23
Original post by staristrying
Hi! I'm in Yr 11 too!

I do English Lit and Language, Triple Science, Math, Further Math, Spanish ( second language is compulsory at my school 😔), History, Art and Computer Science
I'm aiming for 8s and 9s, and my mock grades ranged from 6-9, with the exception of art at a 4 (which I plan to work on this year!!).
For literature, we are doing Never Let Me Go (6/10), Romeo and Juliet(4/10 because I genuinely can't take it seriously) and A Christmas Carol (?/10)

Fr although my art teacher gave me a very generous mock grade for art (7) it didn't reflect what it rlly was😭 so with a new theme and an exam one coming up I hope to make up for it

Well good luck and hope everything runs smoothly for you xx
Reply 24
ngl i feel stupid in this fourum especially since all of you guys got 7+_;-;

anyways here's my grades :

english lang - 6
english lit - 6
maths 4+ ( ik thats so badd XD )
Combined Sci - 65 ( wanted a 66 but we move)
History - 6- ( missed out on half the 1st paper so im ok with that ig )
Media Studies - 6
French - 3+ ( realized that finishing miraculous season 6 with my little bro wasnt't enough lol)
Art - STILL HAVENT GOT OUR GRADE BACK ( aiming for a 7 tho :wink:

Anyways im aiming for 7+ ( at least 6 in math) and a 5 in french ( doing foundation) for nov mocks
wanna go lae/laet so ik i gotta do better but i think ill be ok (hopefully)
(edited 7 months ago)
Hey guys,

I am English lang (5+), English lit (6), Combined Science (7/6), Maths (5- I did foundation paper and will do higher in yr 11 mocks), History (8), Religious Education (9), Citizenship (8) and Spanish (8+).

I have some idea of what to do in college but I'm not sure if my combination is right. I'm currently thinking about the subjects History, Law, Spanish or Business for my A Levels.

For my yr 11 mocks, I am hoping to get 7s at least for all subjects. My revision methods are usually the Pomodoro technique and the Feynman technique. The morning of exams I usually do blurting and active recall. The resources I use for each of my subjects are listed below.

English - genius.com, Physics and Maths tutor, seneca, knowunity app
Maths - MathsWatch, CorbettMaths, knowunity app
Combined Science - Freesciencelessons, seneca, save my exams, knowunity app
History - the history teacher, seneca, schoolhistory, knowunity app
RE - seneca, revisionworld, knowunity app
Ctizenship - past papers, knowunity app
Spanish - quizlet, language gym, knowunity app, duolingo, save my exams

hope this helps guys
Reply 26
Original post by agent_duck343
Heyyy
I use sparknotes for pride and prejudice bc I really struggled to understand the story but now i’m confident with the storyline and this also gives analysis on characters and themes as well as chapter summaries xx
omg you also take food tech - how are u feeling about the nea’s

Hiii
Thank you so much for the advice. I found that really helpful.
I'm so scared for the NEA1 ( i think that's the food science one) and our teacher told us the titles are coming out next week. We're meant to have done NEA1 by the end of october which sounds soo soon.
NEA2 I'm not that nervous bcs I've already been practicing cooking my dishes at home and Im just trying to cram in as many high level skills. With that I'm just scared that I won't do it all in 3 hours

How are you also feeling about NEAs and theory? xxx
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by hajar101
Hiii
Thank you so much for the advice. I found that really helpful.
I'm so scared for the NEA1 ( i think that's the food science one) and our teacher told us the titles are coming out next week. We're meant to have done NEA1 by the end of october which sounds soo soon.
NEA2 I'm not that nervous bcs I've already been practicing cooking my dishes at home and Im just trying to cram in as many high level skills. With that I'm just scared that I won't do it all in 3 hours

How are you also feeling about NEAs and theory? xxx

samee we’re going to be told the title for nea1 next week and i’m so scared that I won’t get it all done by october half term bc that’s really soon and year eleven is gonna go so quickly
the nea2 i’m really impatient to get the title but we don’t get that until november 1st. my main worry is also that I won’t get everything done in time
the theory / written exam i’m feeling most confident for bc in the practices i’ve done well and I know the content pretty well
hii

im also in year 11. year 10 went by so quickly, can't believe gcses are actually so soon.

i take:
triple science (aqa)
english literature (aqa) - inspector calls, macbeth and a christmas carol, power and conflict poetry
english language (aqa)
maths (edexcel)
computer science (aqa)
german (igcse edexcel)
d&t (aqa)
rs (aqa)
further maths (aqa)

i would say i struggle with rs the most 😭 so if anyone has tips that would be great
also i find the d&t coursework a struggle; its just so time consuming

im aiming for 8s and 9s in my january mocks and the real thing (as i was predicted all 9s except an 8 for rs if thats anything to go by)
(edited 7 months ago)
Hi everyone! Does anyone know of any competitons for Year 11 students or a website that lists the opportunities. And by competitons I mean maybe essay writing ones or anything else, basically super-cirrucular stuff because I'm interested in doing some sort of project for fun. I've done a bit of research online but a lot of them seem to be for Year 12 students so if anybody knows of any such oppurtunities for our Year pls lmk! :smile:
Original post by tryhardgigs
Hiyaaa I'm just gonna copy paste the thing from last years thread because I'm curious

****Introduce yourself*****
:angelwings:
What subjects are you doing and on which exam board?
Are you excited for exams?
What grades are you aiming for at the end of the year?
Any ideas what you would like to do after this year?
TELL ME WHAT BOOKS UR DOING FOR ENGLISH LIT AND UR OPS ON THEM PLS

My subjects:
aqa english lit and lang
aqa mathematics
aqa physics
aqa chemistry
aqa biology
aqa geography
aqa fine art
aqa spanish
eduqas rs

I wouldn't say I'm excited for the exams, however I am excited for them to be over. Not even a couple days in and I'm already feeling the pressure. My aim is just to get the exams over and done with and hopefully not sink under all the work!
I am aiming for 8s and 9s but I think I would be happy with a 7 for english lit and lang (not my strongest points). I might have to get a tutor in those subjects which honestly I am not very pleased about but yk it'll be worth it.
After this year is over I probably have to get a job in the summer lmao
Books for english literature:
- macbeth (haven't started it yet but preparing myself)
- pride and prejudice (dont really get it but love lizzy bennet)
- aic (suffering)
(power and conflict poetry)
Original post by niamhcheesecake
My subjects, exam bored and end of year mock grade:
English language AQA-9
English literature AQA-8
Maths Edexcel-7
Biology AQA-6
Chemistry AQA-6
Physics AQA-6
R.E AQA-9
Spanish AQA-7
History Edexcel-9
Geography AQA-9
I am not excited for exams :frown:
I am aiming for 7+ for everything but happy with 6+ and I am hoping to do Psychology, English Literature and Geography (or History) at A Level.
English literature books: Macbeth 8/10, Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (?) and An Inspector Calls (3/10)

how do you revise for rs?
Original post by ghghghghghghyh
how do you revise for rs?

I do aqa religion specification B. Paper 1: Catholic Christianity Paper 2: Judaism Beliefs and practises, Families and realtionships, peace and conflict.
In each exam there is a 1,2,4,5 and 12 marker.
1 mark: Revise key words. Hopefully you should be given these to you by your teacher but if not ask for them and the first mark is a very easy mark if you know your key words. (You can also use common sense most of the time).
2 mark: 2 features of something. You just need to revise and know all the topics well for this. For example revise passover to know how to answer the question: What two dishes are at the passover meal.
4 mark: Explain two things about something or a contrasting view. No need for evidence. Directly answer the question. Point, Explanation, Point, Explanation.
5 mark: Again explain two things about something or a contrasting view. YOU NEED evidence. You need to directly quote is and include what text it is from. E.g. Ten commandments in Exodus.
12 mark: Use this structure for a paragraph: Point, Explain, Evidence, Explain, Justify (Therefore i strong agree as this is a strong point/ However i slightly disagree with the point because...)
Paragraph format: Agree 1, Disagree 1, Agree 2, Disagree 2, Conclusion. The four paragraphs shows you have lots of knowledge=marks.

How to retain information:
I make really good notes on lesson with my teacher so i don't need to do any extra. I recommend kerboodle if you want to make notes.
Make mind maps of each topic of quotations for each topic (i like Ben Wardle on YT for his videos as he has key quotes. Ignore the Islam ones though.)
The most important thing is to do practise papers!! You can access these by searching up AQA r.e past papers. Practise this under timed conditions because it is easy to take too long writing a 12 marker.

Please ask my any questions because i am sure i have missed something. Hopefully this helps.
Hey, I'm also in year 11
My subjects are:
Maths
English Lit and Lang
Bio
Phys
Chem
Geo
Drama
P.e
and Urdu as a language but outside of school
'Ello!

The options I'm taking are Drama, Graphics, Media Studies, and Geography!

English (Lang and Lit)- AQA
Maths- Edexcel
Triple Science- AQA
RE- AQA
French- AQA
History- Edexcel

Not particularly

8s in RE and History
7 in English
6 in bio and chem
5 in everything else

I'm planning on either doing a health and social care btec, early years t level or psych, sociology + hnsc a levels (i want to be a primary school teacher)

We're doing R+J, Jekyll and Hyde and An Inspector Calls (only just started so no spoilers please!!)
I HATED romeo and juliet, jekyll and hyde was okay and an inspector calls seems so cool so far (def my fav of the 3)
(edited 7 months ago)
Hiyaaa I'm just gonna copy paste the thing from last years thread because I'm curious

My subjects:
English Lang AQA/ English Lit Edexcel
Maths Edexcel
Physics, Bio, Chem (triple science) AQA
Drama OCR, Music OCR
Latin Eduqas
Geography Edexcel B
RS AQA (i think)

Why the heck would I be excited for exams,,,,

I would love straight 9s but realistically am expecting a few 8s and maybe one or two 7s.

After this year I want to go to my school's sixth form and take maths+fm, physics and one of either english lit, drama or film studies.

Macbeth: 10/10 | Jekyll&Hyde 0/10 i hate it | Journey's End 7/10
Reply 37

Hi I'm doing AQA history, French and religious studies . I'm not that excited for exams. I'm aiming for an 8 in history, an 8 in french, a 9 in RE , 7 or 8 in maths, a 9 in English, and an 8 in all the sciences at least. I might join the sixth form at my school and take applied science, biology, psychology and maths. I am doing An Inspector Calls, A Christmas Carol and currently doing Macbeth (my fav!!).
Reply 38

heyy my name’s mickey!

i do triple science (edexcel), both englishes cambridge igcse (cie), maths cie, chinese aqa, music cie, latin ocr, computing cie, classical civilisation ocr and fsmq ocr further maths :smile:

i am so not excited for exams lol

i’m aiming for 8/9s but computing i’d be happy with a 6/7 honestly (worst subject ever). i’m also considering dropping add maths

i want to go to college but i only have a vague idea of my alevels

i hate cie because there are no revision materials it’s horrific but i really like my books: i’m doing purple hibiscus (7/10) and a streetcar named desire (8/10)
Reply 39
Any tips to get grade 9 in computer science and the english subjects??? Thanks 😊

Quick Reply

Latest