The Student Room Group

Official Year 11 Chat 2023-24

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jacky Pleasant
Id be happy to collab on a french one. I speak french fluently and already have a 9 in my gcse

for those of you who wanted to join the french study group, can you please send me a private message with your email so then i can email you a discord link! :smile: if you dont have discord, i recommend signing up :biggrin:!
Original post by emm4nuella
for those of you who wanted to join the french study group, can you please send me a private message with your email so then i can email you a discord link! :smile: if you dont have discord, i recommend signing up :biggrin:!

@shellyy1
@bicompton
@Jacky Pleasant - i will make you co-leader :smile:
Reply 82
Original post by tryhardgigs
Hiyaaa I'm just gonna copy paste the thing from last years thread because I'm curious

****Introduce yourself*****
:angelwings:
What subjects are you doing and on which exam board?
Are you excited for exams?
What grades are you aiming for at the end of the year?
Any ideas what you would like to do after this year?
TELL ME WHAT BOOKS UR DOING FOR ENGLISH LIT AND UR OPS ON THEM PLS

heyyy!
my school staggers GCSEs so I have already done two options, Geography (AQA- 7) and Psychology (AQA-8)
I'm doing English lit, English Lang (both AQA), triple science (AQA), maths 😩 (edexcel), RS (AQA) and Food and nutrition (AQA)

I'm aiming for 8-9s in them hopefulllyyyyy
I am excited.... TO GET IT OVER WITH😖

ENGLISH:
ANIMAL FARM (100000/10), Love and relationships poems (8/10), Macbeth (5/10 😮*💨) and Frankenstein (8/10)

I really want to go to Woodhouse College!! A level choices : Biology, Chemistry and English lit

WHAT ARE Y'ALLS COLLEGE / SIXTH FORM CHOICES?
i’m thinking of doing biology chemsitry and geography or maths with an epq
Original post by m1sk1
heyyy!
my school staggers GCSEs so I have already done two options, Geography (AQA- 7) and Psychology (AQA-8)
I'm doing English lit, English Lang (both AQA), triple science (AQA), maths 😩 (edexcel), RS (AQA) and Food and nutrition (AQA)

ENGLISH:
ANIMAL FARM (100000/10), Love and relationships poems (8/10), Macbeth (5/10 😮*💨) and Frankenstein (8/10)

I really want to go to Woodhouse College!! A level choices : Biology, Chemistry and English lit

HEYYY!!! Your English stuff is awesome! I love animal farm! I’m an international student (igcses) but I’m applying to Westminster, Wellington and Oundle :smile:
Original post by vampxenaa
hiiiii im suhann 🤞🤞🤞
(i dont have predicted grades yet so these are my last mock grades)
i do
aqa triple science (9,9,9)
aqa english literature (7)
aqa english language (7)
aqa spanish (9)
ocr b geography (9)
edexcel maths (7) 😞
edexcel history (6) BARELYYYY
aqa lvl 2 certificate in further maths (no grade yet bc we jst begun)
for english we do macbeth ( i love macbeth ktd Soo easy) dr jekyll and hyde (idk yet my opinion ) power + conflict poetry (hate poems 🖕🖕🖕) and also telling tales anthology (someone acc save me telling tales is ACTUAL HELLLLL like nobody does this damn thing there is NOTHING ONLINEEEE 😭😭😭)
im not looking forward to gsces but i jus want it over + done w tbh 😭😭 probs ill end up going to a different sixth form from my skl one and do sciency alevels + maths idk yet! i'm hoping for all 9's tbh but ill be happy w 8's and 9's and 7's too

Hi your grades are really good. my grades are less than 6 for all subjects probably between 4 to 6 not above 6 so please give me some tips so I can study to get good grades. provide me some resources or yt videos to use that you use. It would be really helpful as I am really worried about my GCSEs as I am in year 11 and we have less time to revise so can you help me.
Hello, I'm in Year 11 (evidently)

My subjects are:
English Lang/ Lit - AQA
Maths- Edexcel
Further Maths level 2 AQA certificate
Biology -OCR gateway
Chemistry -OCR gateway
Physics -OCR gateway
RS half course - OCR
Art - AQA
Product design - AQA
Computer Science - AQA

I'm hoping to get mostly 9s and some 8s, but struggling to find motivation to revise : (
Websites I often use:
- Physics Maths Tutor (for any subject, I literally owe them my life)
- Bitesize (I would be dead without it)
- Craig and Dave youtube for CompSci
- Crashcourse for science and english (my one true love)
- GCSE Maths tutor (?) on Youtube (love this guy, I always watch his videos before exams)
And obviously the textbooks!
Reply 87
Original post by bicompton
HEYYY!!! Your English stuff is awesome! I love animal farm! I’m an international student (igcses) but I’m applying to Westminster, Wellington and Oundle :smile:

hiiii Westminster college is so far from me tho so I cba to apply
Where are you based? Being an international student is sooo cool!! If I was an international student I’d probably go somewhere farrrrr away from here 😭 it’s too cold
Reply 88
Original post by m1sk1
hiiii Westminster college is so far from me tho so I cba to apply
Where are you based? Being an international student is sooo cool!! If I was an international student I’d probably go somewhere farrrrr away from here 😭 it’s too cold

It litch is and especially with the weather being unique😭

I sometimes consider living in my tropical home country then this💔
Reply 89
Original post by Trickia
It litch is and especially with the weather being unique😭

I sometimes consider living in my tropical home country then this💔

Omg the weather here is so bad like it’s raining at the five mins later it’s sunny again like pick a mood babe

Where are you from? I’m Arab!
So not rlly tropical but defs not as freezing as this cl
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 90
Original post by m1sk1
Omg the weather here is so bad like it’s raining at the five mins later it’s sunny again like pick a mood babe

Where are you from? I’m Arab!
So not rlly tropical but defs not as freezing as this cl

Fr tho!

I'm a Malaysian Chinese hehe (b4 any misunderstandings I'm not malay. Just Chinese from malaysia)
Reply 91
Original post by Trickia
Fr tho!

I'm a Malaysian Chinese hehe (b4 any misunderstandings I'm not malay. Just Chinese from malaysia)

Oooo that’s so cool!! Which sixth forms/ college options are u applying to? Do you want to do alevels?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 92
Original post by m1sk1
Oooo that’s so cool!! Which sixth forms/ college options are u applying to? Do you want to do alevels?

Yes, science and maths specifically! Hbu?
I'm applying to 3 hills, longs and cms
Reply 93
Original post by tryhardgigs
Hiyaaa I'm just gonna copy paste the thing from last years thread because I'm curious

****Introduce yourself*****
What subjects are you doing and on which exam board?
Are you excited for exams?
What grades are you aiming for at the end of the year?
Any ideas what you would like to do after this year?
TELL ME WHAT BOOKS UR DOING FOR ENGLISH LIT AND UR OPS ON THEM PLS

I do
Maths (Edexcel)
English Lit and English Lang (AQA)
Triple Sci (OCR 21st Century)
Geography (AQA)
Sociology (AQA)
Media Studies (Eduqas)
RS (AQA)

The only thing thats keeping me together through out this year is how were gonna have early summer holidays 😭

For english im doing Macbeth (7/10) Christmas Carol (7/10) and Inspector Calls (8/10) and Power and Conflict (5/10)
Predicted between 7-9s, but aiming for 8s

I think I want to do english for a level, but for the other subjects i have no idea
Reply 94
Original post by m1sk1
heyyy!

ENGLISH:

Im thinking maybe harris westminster, but im still not sure
Woodhouse college is really good, im trying to see if i can go to the open day, their results are AMAZING
thers also London academy of excellence, but im not sure coz im in North west london so its kinda far. ALSO their open evening tickets sold out SO FAST
they were released on monday 2nd of oct at 9 am, and i checked at 6pm and ALL FIVE SLOTS were sold out!!!!!!!
Reply 95
Original post by Trickia
Yes, science and maths specifically! Hbu?
I'm applying to 3 hills, longs and cms

ive never heard of those lol are they in london?
Reply 96
Original post by Fatima.8
Im thinking maybe harris westminster, but im still not sure
Woodhouse college is really good, im trying to see if i can go to the open day, their results are AMAZING
thers also London academy of excellence, but im not sure coz im in North west london so its kinda far. ALSO their open evening tickets sold out SO FAST
they were released on monday 2nd of oct at 9 am, and i checked at 6pm and ALL FIVE SLOTS were sold out!!!!!!!

I managed to get a ticket!!
Reply 97
Original post by m1sk1
ive never heard of those lol are they in london?

No they are not lol Cambridge xx
Reply 98
Original post by Trickia
No they are not lol Cambridge xx

i went there for a trip to the cavendish labs the other week its so pretty!!
Reply 99
Original post by m1sk1
i went there for a trip to the cavendish labs the other week its so pretty!!

Icl Cambridge especially the uni gives hogwarts vibes😂

Glad you liked it 😉

Quick Reply

Latest