The Student Room Group

Jobs

What is the best job to get as a student?
Original post by ClemmieSilk

This depends massively on so many factors - level of study, amount of time available, the type of work you enjoy etc. Are you looking into jobs for yourself whilst you're studying?
Reply 2
Original post by brainzistheword
This depends massively on so many factors - level of study, amount of time available, the type of work you enjoy etc. Are you looking into jobs for yourself whilst you're studying?

Yeah
Yeah

In that case, what sort of things interest you, or conversely, is there anything you know you wouldn't enjoy doing (e.g. customer-facing roles like serving in a restaurant or coffee shop, remote work, etc.)?
Reply 4
Original post by brainzistheword
In that case, what sort of things interest you, or conversely, is there anything you know you wouldn't enjoy doing (e.g. customer-facing roles like serving in a restaurant or coffee shop, remote work, etc.)?

Thank you this has been really helpful.I think I am going to look for work at a cafe.
Thank you this has been really helpful.I think I am going to look for work at a cafe.

You're welcome. Good luck with whatever role you find yourself with - and the rest of your studies! :smile:

waiter

111 call handler - 12 hours a week and work from home at £11/hour. You don't need to be a health professional as you are just following prompts on a Screeen. It's also a good experience for learning how to communicate with a wide variety of people / building confidence and empathy skills. Downside is that you will get people who are very rude, incoherent and abusive

Added bonus is that if you don't have a foreign accent, it eliminates discrimination based on how you look.

EDIT - depending on where you work, pension scheme is pretty decent (save young coz trust me, you'll regret it when you're older)
(edited 7 months ago)

Mcdonalds are very flexible and take on a lot of students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending