The Student Room Group

4th A-level

I am hoping to apply to study an Engineering degree (still undecided) in Imperial College London and have chosen Chemistry, Physics and Maths. I am considering taking a 4th A-level to increase my chances because I only recently made the choice to do Engineering and I would be against others who have had a passion for the subject their whole life so I have less experience. I am undecided between Spanish and Further Maths. I got a grade 8 in both Maths and Spanish at GCSE however I felt it was a bit harder for me to do well in Maths and slightly easier in Spanish but i needed 1 hr weekly extra tutor sessions. What do I need to know before making a final choice?
Original post by m_user1070
I am hoping to apply to study an Engineering degree (still undecided) in Imperial College London and have chosen Chemistry, Physics and Maths. I am considering taking a 4th A-level to increase my chances because I only recently made the choice to do Engineering and I would be against others who have had a passion for the subject their whole life so I have less experience. I am undecided between Spanish and Further Maths. I got a grade 8 in both Maths and Spanish at GCSE however I felt it was a bit harder for me to do well in Maths and slightly easier in Spanish but i needed 1 hr weekly extra tutor sessions. What do I need to know before making a final choice?

You write on your personal statement your extra and super curricular - your passion, your motivation, what interests you…
For example, if I wrote a biology personal statement, I would not include that I did A Level Biology. I would talk about what interests me about biology, the wider reading I had done beyond the A Level spec

Looking at https://www.imperial.ac.uk/engineering/
There is a wide range of engineering courses
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by m_user1070

Unis only require three A levels. The only time four A levels is justified is if it is Further Maths.

Quick Reply

Latest