The Student Room Group

Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic

Poll

Which country and city is it worth visiting

Hello I hope you are doing well, I would like as much information please from past experiences of any of the following 3 holiday destinations please in terms of the Christmas scenery, what it’s like, the best tourism spots the must gos and sees etc. And if you had to help me pick between the 3 which would you pick as I am considering flying out to one of these destinations for a Christmas Holiday in December. Thank you :smile:
Original post by Mohammed_80
Hello I hope you are doing well, I would like as much information please from past experiences of any of the following 3 holiday destinations please in terms of the Christmas scenery, what it’s like, the best tourism spots the must gos and sees etc. And if you had to help me pick between the 3 which would you pick as I am considering flying out to one of these destinations for a Christmas Holiday in December. Thank you :smile:

Just experienced Salzburg in summer, but when you walk through the Getreidegasse, you can find a christmas shop in every season.
Original post by Kallisto
Just experienced Salzburg in summer, but when you walk through the Getreidegasse, you can find a christmas shop in every season.

Wow that’s awesome man I’ve always wanted to go Salzburg I’m considering if that should be the pick of the destinations to fly out to experience Christmas for a bit was wondering any attractions worth visiting besides Salzburg Stadium.
Wow that’s awesome man I’ve always wanted to go Salzburg I’m considering if that should be the pick of the destinations to fly out to experience Christmas for a bit was wondering any attractions worth visiting besides Salzburg Stadium.

If you are looking for a sightseeing, visit the Hohensalzburg Fortress. You have a stunning look around the mountains at the highest level of the fortress.
I have been to Prague and Budapest, but only in the summer so far. I think both places are great and offer variety of tourist attractions as well as beautiful scenery. They are both also relatively cheap in comparison to many other European cities. If I had to pick one to visit in Winter I would definitely say Prague, and I am planning on doing so in the future! It is one of the prettiest cities I have visited and I can only imagine it being even better at Christmas.
Some of my recommendations in Prague:
- The old town area for a variety of great food and drink spots! I believe it also has a huge ice skating rink in the winter months.
- Take a walk along the river and over one of the many bridges (Charles Bridge is probably the most pretty).
- Visit Prague Castle
- Go to one of the many Christmas markets!

I cant comment on the other 2 as ive never been, but i can highly recommend prague.
Original post by Emma:-)
I cant comment on the other 2 as ive never been, but i can highly recommend prague.

I’m leaning towards Prague as well it’s the Christmas Market, Scenary, Food. That I want to try out
I’m leaning towards Prague as well it’s the Christmas Market, Scenary, Food. That I want to try out

When i went, only some of the christmas markets were there. The rest opened a few days after i got home. But the ones that were already open were good. And there was plenty of other stuff to do as well.
Original post by Emma:-)
When i went, only some of the christmas markets were there. The rest opened a few days after i got home. But the ones that were already open were good. And there was plenty of other stuff to do as well.

So you still think it’s worth going to Prague over Budapest and Salzburg
So you still think it’s worth going to Prague over Budapest and Salzburg

It is deffo worth going to prague.
Is Krakow worth a shout keeps coming on my for you page

Quick Reply

Latest