The Student Room Group

Forensic Psychology work experience year 12

Hi,

I've just started year 12 and been told i have to do work experience next year but should start looking now. I'm doing psychology etc and then forensic psychology when i leave college but i don't think there is anything appropriate for my age as i am under 18. If anyone else did work experience please let me know what you recommend.

Thank you
- Melissa
Original post by MelissaWilde15
Hi,

I've just started year 12 and been told i have to do work experience next year but should start looking now. I'm doing psychology etc and then forensic psychology when i leave college but i don't think there is anything appropriate for my age as i am under 18. If anyone else did work experience please let me know what you recommend.

Thank you
- Melissa

Initially I also wanted to do Psychology in Year 12 (I’ve now chosen to do a History degree), but there really wasn’t anything for me either. The reality of it is, that unless you are over 18, most work places will not want you. I think you may have to accept that you need to focus on a transferable skills rather than specific skills. For instance, volunteering in a museum, may improve your communication skills, despite it not being subject specific.

I’m lucky with history really, in that all I have to do is volunteer for museums, records offices etc, but I don’t think at this age you will find much for Psychology. You could, however, start off at a basic level by offering to sort paperwork or organise data in a Psychology based work environment, and then you might be considered to move onto something more within the Psychology field?
i don't have the work experience :frown:... does your college help you gain a job?

i don't know what jobs are available in the psychology or forensic psychology area

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending