The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

What is it the vibe like in Bristol?

I have got an offer from Bristol. What are the vibes like in Bristol. I don't really drink so is it good for people who don't really club or drink (mine for religious reasons)?
Can someone be brutally honest about pros and cons. Not trying to overload with questions, but it would be nice to know, as I am planning to put it as my firm:smile:
Have you visited?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by Anonymous #1
I have got an offer from Bristol. What are the vibes like in Bristol. I don't really drink so is it good for people who don't really club or drink (mine for religious reasons)?
Can someone be brutally honest about pros and cons. Not trying to overload with questions, but it would be nice to know, as I am planning to put it as my firm:smile:

there are literally thousands of people who go to Bristol uni. Some people will be drinkers, some not - some for health reasons, financial reasons, general preference and religious reasons. Some will drink way too much and end up overdoing the partying and failing exams. You will find the same at every uni. If you belong to your faith you will likely find a faith group too - although do be mindful because some unis have cults who masquerade as faith groups, knowing most people are away from home for the first time. Plenty of regular faith groups too, join the "official" uni ones.

May I ask - what subject, friend waiting to hear for CS and maths
(edited 2 months ago)
there are plenty of non-drinkers at bristol, just be aware that you may be surrounded by a lot of people who do drink though. Avoid north village for accom, as I'd say part of the cliquey and drinking stereotypes are true (some people there are rlly nice don't get me wrong, it just has a bigger party vibe imo). you can request non-alc accom but it's not always guaranteed . as the person above mentioned, there will always be societies and many non-religious societies even that hold lots of non-alc events (check the SU page). just remember that a lot of the sports societies have a bigger drinking culture so I'd watch out for those too lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending