The Student Room Group

Grammarly For uni essays

Is it okay to use Grammarly premium Grammarly GO helper for essays at university? I used it in my last essay though there was no plagiarism shown in my turnitin report I am scared what if my professor will detect it somehow?
I have used it and continue to do so with no issues.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I have used it and continue to do so with no issues.

Are you a university student? Are you sure it’s fine? Bcz if I get caught I’ll fail :frown:
Are you a university student? Are you sure it’s fine? Bcz if I get caught I’ll fail :frown:

Yes, I have used Grammarly for a BA(Hons) programme that finished in July this year. All Grammarly does is assist/guide, i.e., help make it less wordy, which is unacceptable in academic writing. Of course, I found that some of the suggestions Grammarly gave were not suited to my essay, but generally, I found it extremely useful.
Reply 4
Yes, I have used Grammarly for a BA(Hons) programme that finished in July this year. All Grammarly does is assist/guide, i.e., help make it less wordy, which is unacceptable in academic writing. Of course, I found that some of the suggestions Grammarly gave were not suited to my essay, but generally, I found it extremely useful.

Sry I didn’t get that can you clarify What is not acceptable use of Grammarly or too much wordy essays?

Remember, it does not write your essay for you, it just guides you toward being grammatically correct. How is that cheating? Besides, in my first year of University I was recommended by a lecturer to use such a tool.
Sry I didn’t get that can you clarify What is not acceptable use of Grammarly or too much wordy essays?

wordy essays
Reply 7
wordy essays

Thanks
Reply 8
Remember, it does not write your essay for you, it just guides you toward being grammatically correct. How is that cheating? Besides, in my first year of University I was recommended by a lecturer to use such a tool.

Grammarly GO write texts for you though as you can put prompts for instance “summarize it” and it does that for you.
Is it okay to use Grammarly premium Grammarly GO helper for essays at university? I used it in my last essay though there was no plagiarism shown in my turnitin report I am scared what if my professor will detect it somehow?

If you are worried/in doubt, talk to your lecturer about this. Many academic writers use such tools
Grammarly GO write texts for you though as you can put prompts for instance “summarize it” and it does that for you.

Ah, sorry I've just used Grammarly Premium hence I have no experience using Grammarly GO. If you want to improve your writing I suggest avoiding tools that summarize etc, just go for tools that improve the flow, grammar and reduce wordiness.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending