The Student Room Group

Books/material used in Oxford UG physics?

I was watching one of Dr. Matt Williams' fantastic videos, this particular one on personal statements, and he mentioned that it's great to have read course quality materials and even mention them in the personal statement instead of just accessible popsci books anyone can read (obviously no disrespect to those, they are amazing in their own right). That got me wanting to read up some of the books and stuff Oxford themselves may use in their undergraduate physics course (unless they use their very own stuff that's not available openly? I don't know, I have no idea in this regard, hence this post). So, anyone who's read, or even better, is studying physics at Oxford, what coursebooks and stuff are you reading?
Reply 1
Heyo, I don't study Physics but just wanted to say that content in your PS doesn't necessarily have to come from books! I've spoken to a lot of people in admissions and they've all said that, as long as the content is academically rigorous, they don't really care about the form of the content. For example, you might want to do some research on some Podcasts, MOOCs, Movies, Documentaries, or Magazines if you can't find any books that interest you. What's more important is to explain what you gained from it and analysing it critically. Hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending