The Student Room Group

what's a replacement ipad?

The ipad apple gave me is dodgy and after months they finally decided to replace it

The guy said he has no replacement iPad and will have to order one in

What's is a replacement ipad?, is it a second hand one?
Why didn't he just replace it with the same model they had there in stock?

FYI: my ipad is the ipad air 5th gen (the newest one)
I would assume they are talking about replacing it with a new iPad. Definitely wouldn’t be second hand. Although I don’t see why they would have to order it in, as it’s apple and I would assume they would have it in stock…

Unless they are lying, as it seems you’ve been having issues with them.

All you can do is wait and then chase it up again if you don’t get the iPad
i have no idea why they didn't give you the same model they had in stock

i might ask about it or wait for the other iPad to come in
Reply 3
I just got the ipad, Its basically an ipad they made out of parts of other old iPads put together. So they basically replaced my ipad with a second hand thing even though the fault was on apple's side

I was going to buy a new apple pencil as well, screw that
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Kdog21
I just got the ipad, Its basically an ipad they med out of parts of other iPad put together. So they basically replaced my ipad with a second hand thing even though the fault was on apple's side

I was going to buy a new apple pencil as well, screw that

:frown: i would feel annoyed too
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by beautifulworld
:frown: i would feel annoyed too

ikr, I cant even do anything about it
So it’s refurbished??

Can they even do that?

I would suggest speaking to apple customer support and actually complain about their sevice and say that you’ve been given a second hand ipad.

Although maybe it is part of their warranty policy, so I would suggest having a look at that before complaining

With an iPad being refurbished the parts would have been tested to ensure they work. But i know you would still prefer a new one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending