The Student Room Group

iPad, Laptop or Paper

I’ve got a laptop already for my computer science course. I see a lot of people recommend an iPad for notes especially because of the mathematical notations, or can I get by without an iPad using just paper? Whats recommended?
Reply 1
i would say it comes down to personal preference. Personally i will be using paper as i can write my notes down a lot quicker than i can type them. Though if you do use paper, make sure your notes are easy to read and understand, nothing worse than not being able to read your own notes.
Reply 2
Original post by reecech
i would say it comes down to personal preference. Personally i will be using paper as i can write my notes down a lot quicker than i can type them. Though if you do use paper,
make sure your notes are easy to read and understand, nothing worse than not being able to read your own notes.

If I was to use an iPad, I would still be writing just on the iPad and I guess it would make notes much easier to keep neat and ordered, it’s just the cost. Not sure if it’s worth it.
Reply 3
if the ipad will be predominantly used to take notes, and not utilised fully, then pen and paper makes much more sense. But if you can use the ipad to it's full potential, then it'll be somewhat worth it. I have a laptop and a pc, so an ipad wouldn't get used as much unfortunately, another reason why i'll be using pen and paper.
Reply 4
I got an iPad because I saw others making notes but I found that it takes time to even get used to using it for note taking and your handwriting is different sometimes so considering that and cost I’d say stick with paper and then scan your notes in with your phone if you want a digital record or to sort your notes digitally

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending