The Student Room Group

Business management degree

I wanted to know if with a business management degree you could become a lawyer. Im thinking of doing a law conversion course after i attain my degree , but i still feel like its not enough. My inital career goal is to become a corporate lawyer.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by i.dont.know
I wanted to know if with a business management degree you could become a lawyer. Im thinking of doing a law conversion course after i attain my degree , but i still feel like its not enough. My inital career goal is to become a corporate lawyer.

Hi @i.dont.know!

Nearly 50% of practising lawyers have done a law conversion course rather than an LLB in law so there is absolutely no reason why you would not be able to become a corporate lawyer. In fact, having a business degree may give you a boost in your application process as you will be able to show a potentially greater knowledge in the field compared to a law student :smile:

Good luck!

Sophie
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
Hello!! Wow I’m exactly the same as you… I’m wanting to branch off too into law once I’ve completed my business course! I was thinking of swapping up criminology but I think business will give so many more opportunities. :smile: good luck!
Reply 4
One of my friends did a Business degree and the conversion course is now a criminal lawyer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending