The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Anyone with decisions from LLK1 - Int. Social and Public Policy and Economics?

International Student here, I applied with my achieved grades, in a gap year right now and waiting only for the LSE decision. I have offers from Manchester, Warwick and York.

The deadline for applying to the Undergrad Support Scheme for Internationals is in the 28th of April, and I have to gather references and stuff from my school. How can I even do that if I don't get an offer by now? The school will be closed soon and I'm super worried.

I think I'll go insane if I don't get any update before 27th. A rejection works too - because it'll still be a decision rather than making me swirl into the perpetual blackhole. I applied SEVEN MONTHS ago goddamnit.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
International Student here, I applied with my achieved grades, in a gap year right now and waiting only for the LSE decision. I have offers from Manchester, Warwick and York.

The deadline for applying to the Undergrad Support Scheme for Internationals is in the 28th of April, and I have to gather references and stuff from my school. How can I even do that if I don't get an offer by now? The school will be closed soon and I'm super worried.

I think I'll go insane if I don't get any update before the 27th. A rejection works too - because it'll still be a decision rather than making me swirl into the perpetual blackhole. I applied SEVEN MONTHS ago goddamnit.

Same here, on the exact same boat - applied on the 14th of October 2021. Idk when I'll get the offer/rejection (an update).
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2

I think I'll go insane if I don't get any update before 27th. A rejection works too - because it'll still be a decision rather than making me swirl into the perpetual blackhole. I applied SEVEN MONTHS ago goddamnit.

Wow, it's not only me then huh - I thought it is a pretty niche course to apply and I'll get in ez. I don't know tho, I also haven't got any offers.
Got an offer this morning!
Reply 4
Got an offer this morning!

Hey!

If you don't mind, can you share something about yourself?

Like what were your grades and subjects.... are you a home student or intl.. stuff like that?

Thanks!
Hey!

If you don't mind, can you share something about yourself?

Like what were your grades and subjects.... are you a home student or intl.. stuff like that?

Thanks!

Achieved A*AA at A-Level (Politics, Econ and Maths)
Very average GCSEs (the odd A/A* mostly B’s)
Home student.
Reply 6
Home student.

That is amazing! Congratulations! <3

I have also applied with 'achieved' grades, but I got AABB :frown: Hopefully, my PS will do the trick.
Reply 7
Home student.

And are you firming LSE - or it's some other uni?
I apply dfor international social and public policy with politics not economics but got a offer on the 14th of April, was also accepted into Kings and UCL but for very different courses has anyone got any thoughts on the course or the uni?
Original post by alicecharalamb
I apply dfor international social and public policy with politics not economics but got a offer on the 14th of April, was also accepted into Kings and UCL but for very different courses has anyone got any thoughts on the course or the uni?

I has an offer from LSE for ISPP + Econ and KCL for Political Economy hbu? I think I'd be stupid to turn down an offer from the LSE tbh.
I have an offer from LSE for ISPP + Econ and KCL for Political Economy hbu? I think I'd be stupid to turn down an offer from the LSE tbh.

I've applied for ISPP+Econ, but even after keeping that bias aside, I think ISPP+Econ has a better practical application, fluidity for undertaking postgrad studies and a better demand in the job market than Political Economy at KCL. It's not even a joint honours of Politics and Economics, right?

Personally, I think ISPP is not ideal for studying as a solitary subject/course. A pairing as a joint honours/double major with either Econ or Politics gives this subject a much-needed boost for the future. The students of ISPP + Politics or Econ have to do a Masters anyway, and this can serve as a great starting point.

As you'll be studying ISPP+Politics, you'll have a better understanding of international policymaking AND how the nations work on a political matter at the same time. You need to pin down where/what you want to work about in the future after 1-2 years in the course.

Now, I don't know which courses you've got your KCL and UCL offers, but if we are talking about something strictly social sciences, LSE is arguably the best in the world - and the investment will be worth it no matter wherever you go.
Personally, I think ISPP is not ideal for studying as a solitary subject/course. A pairing as a joint honours/double major with either Econ or Politics gives this subject a much-needed boost for the future. The students of ISPP + Politics or Econ have to do a Masters anyway, and this can serve as a great starting point.

As you'll be studying ISPP+Politics, you'll have a better understanding of international policymaking AND how the nations work on a political matter at the same time. You need to pin down where/what you want to work about in the future after 1-2 years in the course.

Now, I don't know which courses you've got your KCL and UCL offers, but if we are talking about something strictly social sciences, LSE is arguably the best in the world - and the investment will be worth it no matter wherever you go.

Thank-you so much for the insight its highly appreciated, I thought about doing a masters in international security or diplomacy at sciences po after my undergrad or a law conversion or degree
my offers from KCL was for international development and UCL was history and politics of the americas, I still think LSE is the best option however not 100% certain.
Thank-you so much for the insight its highly appreciated, I thought about doing a masters in international security or diplomacy at sciences po after my undergrad or a law conversion or degree
my offers from KCL was for international development and UCL was history and politics of the americas, I still think LSE is the best option however not 100% certain.

let me know what you do. I think I'm going with ISPP.
I has an offer from LSE for ISPP + Econ and KCL for Political Economy hbu? I think I'd be stupid to turn down an offer from the LSE tbh.

that's where I am at the moment torn between international development at kins and ISPP + politics at LSE ,obviously LSE is higher regarded but still unsure
that's where I am at the moment torn between international development at kins and ISPP + politics at LSE ,obviously LSE is higher regarded but still unsure

Personally, I think LSE wins easily. For the social sciences LSE wins hands down.
Personally, I think LSE wins easily. For the social sciences LSE wins hands down.

yeah I think it would be silly to go anywhere else just heard some conflicting things .

For a Masters in international security or diplomacy, nothing takes the cake from the LSE degree of ISPP+Politics - because intl security/diplomacy broadly is a part of policymaking, and ISPP is Social+Public Policy. And also have Politics as joint honours- giving you the best edge among all the applicants.
And then again, LSE is a brand. You just can't go wrong if you manage to graduate successfully.

Best of luck - and pray for me so that I can also get an offer. :"(
For a Masters in international security or diplomacy, nothing takes the cake from the LSE degree of ISPP+Politics - because intl security/diplomacy broadly is a part of policymaking, and ISPP is Social+Public Policy. And also have Politics as joint honours- giving you the best edge among all the applicants.
And then again, LSE is a brand. You just can't go wrong if you manage to graduate successfully.

Best of luck - and pray for me so that I can also get an offer. :"(

Hoping your offer comes through soon. Would you firm it?
Hoping your offer comes through soon. Would you firm it?

If I get the offer, yes! My offer will be for ISPP+Econ, though, but hopefully, we'll meet on campus! <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending