The Student Room Group

No friends at new sixth form college

I am in yr 12, just recently. I go to a sixth form college near where I live but my old schools a boarding school far away and no one from there is coming to my sixth form college. It’s still the first week, but I still haven’t made any friends. Since it’s a very big school, a lot of the students come from the same school so they all have friends coming with them together. Since I have no one I am in the library trying to work and I’m too nervous to go to the café to buy something because there are so many people. Met some really nice people on the induction day but all have their own friends. Again, In lessons I meet really nice people but the moment we leave the classroom, they go trying to find their own friends. I am not sure what to do but it is still the first week so It might get better
(edited 7 months ago)
You can try messaging people for school work and talking from there or joining clubs and making friends from there. Best of luck
Reply 2
Original post by randomplant
You can try messaging people for school work and talking from there or joining clubs and making friends from there. Best of luck

Thank you for your reply:smile:will do!!!
Reply 3
it took me about a month, but most of my friends are from clubs. so, join as many clubs as you can!
and trust me, you'll make most of your friends mid to end year 12.
I would recommend trying to speak with people from your classes as well, if you want to do projects or homework together, especially if they are in multiple classes with you
Reply 5
Original post by IO bear
it took me about a month, but most of my friends are from clubs. so, join as many clubs as you can!
and trust me, you'll make most of your friends mid to end year 12.

Thank you for your assurance<333 Will be joining lots of clubs!!
Reply 6
Original post by sPiDeRs2020
I would recommend trying to speak with people from your classes as well, if you want to do projects or homework together, especially if they are in multiple classes with you

That’s a great idea! Will do <33

Quick Reply

Latest