The Student Room Group

A- levels

Hi everyone, I have recently started year 12 and I am studying Biology, Chemistry and History. In GCSE chemistry I got a grade 5. In Biology, I got a grade 6 and in History I got a grade 7. I didn't really revise much for my GCSEs but for my A-levels I don't want to make the same mistake as I intend on going to University to study a course like Pharmacy or another course in the healthcare field and so I would like to start revising from the start. Has anyone studied these A-levels? Also, does anyone have any advice for revision for A-levels? Thank you very much!
Reply 1
Original post by student643
Hi everyone, I have recently started year 12 and I am studying Biology, Chemistry and History. In GCSE chemistry I got a grade 5. In Biology, I got a grade 6 and in History I got a grade 7. I didn't really revise much for my GCSEs but for my A-levels I don't want to make the same mistake as I intend on going to University to study a course like Pharmacy or another course in the healthcare field and so I would like to start revising from the start. Has anyone studied these A-levels? Also, does anyone have any advice for revision for A-levels? Thank you very much!

I do chemistry and biology, but not history. I'm in year 13 and I would advise you to start revising early and consistently because If you struggled in GCSE, A level will be much harder. For Biology learn the content you have been taught until you're confident with it. Then practice exam questions to apply what you've learnt and use the markscheme to see where you went wrong. For Chemistry, just learn the fundamentals, because questions will ask you to apply your knowledge of them in different ways.

Quick Reply

Latest