The Student Room Group

Weight loss

I've gained weight this year so I decided to lose weight by cutting out high carbs low nutritious food out of my diet and eating less. How do I make sure that I do this healthily and safety without this developing into an ED?
Reply 1
Do you actually need to lose the weight you've gained?

If so, use a TDEE calculator, work out the required deficit and achieve it through diet and exercise; you don't need to eat less if you're burning off calories anyway. A healthy rate of weight loss is up to approx 1kg/2lbs a week. Making your own meals is a good way of knowing what's going into them. Don't deprive yourself; nothing wrong with the occasional treat.
Try to significantly cut down on the booze, saturated fats, refined sugar, salt and deep fried foods.
Increase your consumption of still unflavoured water, unsaturated fat, legumes, protein, raw fruit, fresh salad, fibre and nuts if not allergic.
Reduce your consumption of takeaways, ready meals and alcoholic drinks.

Have you considered intermittent fasting?
Reply 3
To maintain a healty life style it is very much necessary to have normal weight according to you age
Yeah, weight loss can be tough, but I've been putting in some effort lately.
For me, it's been all about making small changes to my lifestyle. One thing that's really worked for me is being mindful of what I eat. I've started paying closer attention to portion sizes and trying to include more whole, nutrient-rich foods into my diet while cutting back on processed stuff and unnecessary snacking.
Another thing that's been helpful for me is including PhenQ in my routine. It's a natural fat burner and appetite suppressant that my doctor recommended. It helps curb my cravings and gives me a bit of an energy boost, which makes sticking to my healthy habits easier. You can read more about its ingredients and benefits in this article.
Another big change I've made is incorporating more physical activity into my daily routine. I've been mixing things up to keep it interesting. Some days, it's a jog around the neighborhood. On other days, it's hitting the gym for some strength training.
So far, I've lost 7kgs. I'm hoping to lose another 7 in the following months.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Quick Reply

Latest