The Student Room Group

How to Glow Up

In lockdown I never really needed a change of appearance because I was doing well anyway but I LOVE food so I wanted to bake and cook as much as possible to gain more skills but of course I ate everything thing I made, this made me gain weight and marks all over my body. I had to wear glasses full time and my body hair grows like crazy. So naturally I started looking like the nerds in those American high school movies. I'm not saying I want to look like an influencer but I deffo want to be happier and healthier with myself, so does anyone have any tips on having a glow up?? I'm also at school so controlling my diet can be really hard without embarrassing myself and getting hungry, does anyone have any weight loss tips and personal stories? x
The key to weight loss isn’t any of these quirky fad diets its a balanced diet.
I’d encourage eating slower at meal times, paying attention to when your body says it’s full, make sure to have a varied diet, with some good veg and fruit.
Some people suggest downsizing plates too as you can see how much is on your plate better.
And maybe find an active activity you enjoy? Might be jogging while listening to music, going for a swim or some pilates exercises (can be done at home if that would be more comfortable and convenient for you).
A big reason for eating for a lot of people especially over covid was boredom too, so try think of something fun you could do instead if you feel like you fit into that?

Most of all id encourage you to love yourself, your body is amazing and allows you to function day to day, its important to have a really healthy relationship with yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending